Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Gel Kickpad?

Boolit Master

Gel Kickpad?

Have just inherited some bits n pieces which includes a David Nickerson marked, slip on kickpad - looks like a gel type material ?
    Any comments / experience ? Thought it might work ok on my 1886 rifle.
    Thanks
    Joe

Banned

i use kick killer lace-on leather butt pads with akton gel inserts for all bpcr guns. keeps the bad shoulder quite happy.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    You know i never considered one of these. Think i will pick one up as i have a couple rifles that i leave at home because of my shoulder.

Banned

i can attest to and endorse the kick killer. i have a "frozen shoulder syndrome" for my trigger hand shoulder that almost stopped me from shooting long arms. with the kick killer pad i can fire off 80 or more full house .45-70 PPB cartridges in one range visit with absolutely no shoulder issues. that's 83 grains of 1-1/2f black powder under a 523 grain slick.

Boolit Grand Master

I have a slip on pad for my rifles also, I believe its a sorbothane pad in it. My only real drawback with the slip on pads and shoulder pads is they increase length of pull 1/2"-1 1/2" depending on the pad. But on the 12 1/2 lb 45-90 with 550 grn bullets that pad is a big help

I use a MidwayUSA shoulder pad that straps on (to me, not the gun), the one for magnum rifles. I've shot full-house hot handloads in both 7mm Rem. mag and .45/70 Gov't and highly recommend it. Anytime I can shoot 40+ rounds of hot loads and not be black and blue the next day is a testament to a good product.

EDIT: pad was purchased from Midway, but made by PAST Products
    Last edited by Captain*Kirk; 04-09-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    "Are you gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain*Kirk View Post
    I use a MidwayUSA shoulder pad that straps on (to me, not the gun), the one for magnum rifles. I've shot full-house hot handloads in both 7mm Rem. mag and .45/70 Gov't and highly recommend it. Anytime I can shoot 40+ rounds of hot loads and not be black and blue the next day is a testament to a good product.
    I made a period accceptable padded vest / waistcoat rather than mess with my rifles - it works ok - rarely shoot anything heavy without it - but this pad thing fell into my lap and might make into a nice lace on kick pad out of it.