RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guess this gun

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    so what do they win.

maybe free membership to cast boolits
    The win the respect and admiration of their peers. THAT is priceless.

About how many grains of unique will you recommend for boolits? And probably going to need a pretty hard alloy........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    About how many grains of unique will you recommend for boolits? And probably going to need a pretty hard alloy........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I suspect that you would cast a tungsten sabot in the center of the bullet. How much powder? I can't touch that one. I reload 22lr. I'm used to using 1.6 to 2.6 grains of powder. That wouldn't QUITE be enough for this gun.

Boolit Master
    Well if it is more like 8mm then the 8x68mm RWS round that I mentioned earlier is probably it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Earlwb View Post
    Well if it is more like 8mm then the 8x68mm RWS round that I mentioned earlier is probably it.
    Close!
    It's a 7.92x94 Patronen

USMC 77, USRA 79

Well, Traff, you did throw me a bit with the dates considering the first rifle to officially break 4000 FPS didn’t occur for quite a while.

All forgiveness given.. and thanks given for the chase!!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Actually thy have one of those on display at the WWI memorial in KC. The rifle that is.
    Whatever!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Actually thy have one of those on display at the WWI memorial in KC. The rifle that is.
    That rifle is really a great design. If you look at it closely. Falling block with the straight back folding stock with the folding shoulder padding. Be a good design to copy for any high powered single shot.

Boolit Grand Master

http://military.wikia.com/wiki/7.92x94mm_Patronen

Details of the round
    The round originally had a steel core and a tiny capsule of tear gas. The round was to penetrate the armor of the tank and the tear gas to force out the occupants of the vehicle. The idea was impractical due to the core penetrating the armor and leaving the capsule outside. Later bullets used tungsten cores due to its better penetrating power.[5] The round also had a metal jacket. The official designation of the round was Patrone 318 SmK-Rs-L'spur or Patrone 318 SmKH -Rs-L'spur. SmK means "Spitzgeschoss mit Kern", which translates to 'pointed bullet with core'. (H) indicates the bullet has a tungsten-carbide core, (Rs) stands for "Reizstoff", which means tear gas, because the projectile contains a small capsule of tear gas. "L'spur" stands for tracer, indicating the bullet has a small tracer in its rear.[1]
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Banned

300 H&H might do it if you loaded it with a full case of bullseye and used a string to pull the trigger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12