MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: 2nd question on John 3:3

Boolit Master

2nd question on John 3:3

If a man must be born from above in order to see God’s kingdom; isn’t Jesus saying that the action of being born is an action which God takes, rather than man?
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Boolit Master
    1Pe 1:21-25
    Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God. Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart. For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. For, “All people are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord endures forever.” And this is the word that was preached to you.

In these verses, I see Peter reminding these believers that they have been born again, because they believed on him (Jesus, the word), and that because of what God had done with/for Jesus, we could believe in God's power to save us. To me, the action God took was sending the word, so to me, God doesn't force a birth, but provides a way to be born again. From what I see in other scriptures man has his part to play in belief and obedience to salvation. A new life (lifestyle) where we (believers) live a new lifestyle. Where we don't chase after the things that most of mankind judges a man to be great by, such as power, wealth, influence, a lavish lifestyle, etc. Where we don't seek to fulfill our own lustful nature, but show our love towards others in ways that would seem foolish to people of the world. God provides a gift, but we must accept it. God provides a path, but we must follow it.
    Just as these scriptures point out, a man's glory, riches, influence, and wealth, are like the daffodils that are blooming now, they are standing proud today, but by August they will only be a memory!

Boolit Master
    Yes....
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wmitty View Post
    If a man must be born from above in order to see God’s kingdom; isn’t Jesus saying that the action of being born is an action which God takes, rather than man?
    If it were just up to God, wouldn't he just cause everyone to be "born from above"?

Coming to a proper relationship with God involves cooperation between man and God. God does not work alone when it comes to people. He never has and I doubt he ever will.

The process is outlined throughout the New Testament: God draws man, man properly responds, God does his work to educate and sanctify man while man continues to favorably respond.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    If it were just up to God, wouldn't he just cause everyone to be "born from above"?

Coming to a proper relationship with God involves cooperation between man and God. God does not work alone when it comes to people. He never has and I doubt he ever will.

The process is outlined throughout the New Testament: God draws man, man properly responds, God does his work to educate and sanctify man while man continues to favorably respond.

Well said
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp