Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compound Leverage and Length of Linkage

Boolit Bub
    More force required usually is during full length sizing operation. The weakest link when extracting the case is usually the case head where it meets the shellholder. That casehead brass will usually shear and you have a stuck case in a die.

Think carefully before going ape on the force spectrum. As pointed out above, more force usually indicates a problem or misapplication of a technique.

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimkim View Post
    I've said that several times. I plan to swage bullets with this press(Lee Classic Cast), and I want more mechanical advantage. I've been wanting to do this since I saw the one Swagerman(RIP) had.

I am now on a fixed income, so instead of buying(with non-existent money) a swaging press, I'm going to borrow a shop and make the parts I need. I think it's the machinist/fab tech in me that makes me do these things. I've always loved doing R&D work.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk
    This will be for swaging bullets. I have seven other presses that are used for loading.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Bub
    If you want to go to the extreme a mechanical lever unit eventually runs out of power. A small benchtop arbor press or baby hydraulic H-frame is the ultimate in power. Queue the extreme modifications required.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12