Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Wideners Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One commercial lube for 45-70, and assorted handgun calibers.

Boolit Bub
    I’ve run a bit of the red now, and I really like it. A heater is definitely required but I wish I could back mine down just a bit. I just unplug when it gets too soft and plug back in when it gets stiff.

Pretty nice stuff to work with. It isn’t super hard and is still a bit tacky when fully cooled, but not so much as to be messy.

Some smoke but not bad indoors. Got good accuracy and minimal leading in the 460 and 45acp stuff I’ve shot so far.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffinTD View Post
    A heater is definitely required but I wish I could back mine down just a bit. I just unplug when it gets too soft and plug back in when it gets stiff.

Simple solution, get a dimmer/ceiling fan switch and use it to control the outlet, you plug your heater into.

Winelover

Boolit Bub
    That’s a great idea. I was thinking of building some sort of pid controller, but for this it doesn’t need to be that sophisticated.

Banned

another vote for carbabua red. Not much better for high velocity use. I used to cut it 5050 with Javalina or felix lube kind of like his 5050 lube for handguns but truth be told it works fine just as it is for about any bullet at any velocity. Only downside is unless its a 100 degrees in your shot your going to need a bit of heat to make it run in a lube sizer well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12