RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: Noe 310-165-fn-h3

Boolit Buddy

Noe 310-165-fn-h3

I did something I told myself I wasn't going to do. It seems that casting and reloading are a bit of a rabbit hole. I have been doing pretty well not buying a ton of guns. I am wondering if I am going to wind up with a collection of molds however.

Most of my equipment is Lee. I feel that they are a very solid choice for many of their products. Great price point. I am not sure how I feel about their molds however. I wanted to try another option. There was a coupon for eBay today. So I wound up buying an NOE 310-165-FN-H3. It was a 4 cavity, for $75.50 shipped. It's used.

I realize I will really need to cast some boolits to see how they fit any gun I want to shoot them out of. But what are people's opinions of this mold? I have a bolt action 30-06. I am going to shoot some Lee 200 grainers out of it. Being a bore rider design, those boolits will jam into the rifling when they're chambered. I see that the NOE 310-165-FN-H3 has a more tapered nose. I thought the flat point might be good for hunting. I also may want to load some in 308 for a friend's rifle. It's a pump though, so I don't think you can jam a boolit into the rifling when you load it like you can with a bolt.

Has anyone had success powder coating this boolit? I can't wait to cast some and see what I wind up with.

Is there a mechanism in place by which people swap boolits to test rather than buying molds?

Boolit Buddy
    As to your last question, yes it is called the boolit exchange. As to using that boolit for hunting it really doesn't have much of a flat point or meplat. Powder coating is a great way to go on any boolit. The tapered nose on that boolit would work well in your friends pump rifle

Boolit Buddy
    What are some other options with a larger flat point or meplat that would work in either of those rifles? From the NOE/Accurate/M&P/Arsenal options?

Boolit Buddy
    All depends on your rifle.Welcome to the cast boolit addiction. Every rifle likes one boolit over the next. And different powders make a huge difference in accuracy.If you have sizing dies I can send you some raw 30 cal boolits to try. I have quite a few molds in 30 cal from 113 gr to 200 gr

Boolit Buddy
    Sent you a pm.

Boolit Buddy
    Here is a pic of the mold in question. I have it in my possession. This is my first NOE mold. Is it new?

I would rather not clean it if it has been used.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l500.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	238253