RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders Jerky
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dash cams for our private vehicle

Moderator Emeritus

Dash cams for our private vehicle

We have seen the advantages of dash cams in Law Enforcement situations. They protect the public, the officer, and the agency. With the increase in road rage; vehicular assault; and faked accidents and injuries mrs. buckwheatpaul and I have been considering a dash cam setup for our vehicles....what are your thoughts, concerns, and recommendations....inquiring minds want to know and thanks in advance....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

They are quite common in some countries. Russia has a lot of them; a meteorite was caught on a lot of vehicle cameras in Russia a few years back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

I think they're a solution for a growing problem. I'm going to look into them myself.

Boolit Buddy

Have one on every vehicle I have. I buy the $20-$30 walmart models. I also buy a larger SD card so there is more stored video just in case. Only had to show the video once when a guy backed into me at a gas station. The other time it would have come in handy it ended up not being needed. As soon as the other driver heard me say "I cought it all on my dashcam" the other driver admitted what he did.

As far as downsides, I dont really see one unless youre the kind of driver that breaks laws and doesnt want any recorded evidence.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Dignified? I signed up for brave and courageous, not dignified!

If you find a good one please share it.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I really hate to admit it but i think it is a good idea. My son was in an accident where the other driver stopped and backed into him .the other driver admitted it until he heard the officer say he didn't believe it that there was to much damage then he changed his story to my son just ran into the back of him. I sure wish we had a dash cam that day.

I've never met anyone who regretted having one.

Its especially good when another car hits you, and all the passengers will claim it was your fault.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

That's interesting; do you has 2 cameras, one pointing towards the front and one pointing to the rear?

50% or more of the cars/motorcycles that I see in California freeways have a dash/helmet cam. I’m considering one myself.
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Master
    I've been considering them myself, especially for bicycling and motorcycling! The more of them in cars, the safer the roads will become in my opinion.

Boolit Master

Yep - We've been thinking about getting them for almost a year now
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

I have a commercial vehicle. IMHO, anyone running a commercial vehicle is foolish if they don't have a cam.

Haven't put any in my POVs yet. I certainly should.

Boolit Grand Master

I certainly have thought about it as well. I put 30k miles on my personal vehicle last year. Certainly increases the chance of something happening.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    I got this on a lighting deal for 10.00 off

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You must reformat it every 15 days
    Battery sucks

the video is pretty good
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    I think it is a good "CYA" move for a lot of folks who drive in areas with more chances for the need. Out here in the more rural areas it may not be so much of a useful item.
    So, I guess it depends on whether each person sees a need based on their own experiences & the environment they drive in on a fairly regular basis.

Me? I would like to have one for each rig, but I stick to mainly rural country roads & towns, so the need is less & I don't think I will be getting one anytime soon. If I lived in a larger town, or city, or went there more often, that would change my decision I would think.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Buddy

Mini805p with GPS

I’ve had 2 previous models and they worked well. I think the heat killd the first, the current model is heat protected.
    Stronger, Prouder and Greater!

I've got a Yi action cam and it is very good. I'd look at their dash cams, in fact you guys got me to thinking I should get one.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Boolit Master
    Looks like a good idea, as much as a new car cost as much as a house. Good to have proof of what happened to show to LEO or judge, Or Insurance co.
    Last edited by Hossfly; 03-12-2019 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Add wording

Found a review of the Yi. Now when are they going to include a usb power port on top of the dash?

On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Boolit Grand Master

I use a Garmin Dezcam https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-dezlCa...ag=googhydr-20

Most of the stuff will not be of interest to non-professional truck drivers but the magnetic mount is very nice, just put the suction cup on the window and plug in. When you pop the camera on it automatically aligns itself and starts charging. Easy to remove leaving the mount there. The camera quality is fantastic and the ease of use is good. You can remove the unit to get pictures and video outside of your vehicle. One touch recording, lifetime maps, gps etc. Pull out the usb chip to download onto the computer or hand to a cop. Plug in directly to the computer to download the video and email it or save. Well worth the money. The video records the speed and exact location right on the video. Really nice set-up
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast