RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataPBcastco
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dash cams for our private vehicle

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    YI 2.7" Screen Full HD 1080P60 165 Wide Angle Dashboard Camera, Car DVR Vehicle Dash Cam with G-Sensor, Mobile APP, WDR, Loop Recording, Grey

Amazon doesn't carry it at the moment, but they did, and had them on sale occasionally at $40-50. Slickdeals had them for $39.99 too, but that's expired.
    Other sellers will have them. Shop for best price.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master

I have the Cobra model with front and rear cameras. I had it professionally installed at Best Buy. They wired it into my ignition system. when I start the car, both cameras are turned on. They ran all the wires our of sight and did a very professional job.

An attorney advised me to dismount the camera in case of an accident and do not mention having one to anyone. Bring it to him, he will send it to a video lab while maintaining chain of custody. If the video goes against me, I have control of it. If the video supports me or my actions, I have good proof that can be introduced in court, with professional presentation and complete chain of custody.

I would not drive without one any more.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    I have the Cobra model with front and rear cameras. I had it professionally installed at Best Buy. They wired it into my ignition system. when I start the car, both cameras are turned on. They ran all the wires our of sight and did a very professional job.

An attorney advised me to dismount the camera in case of an accident and do not mention having one to anyone. Bring it to him, he will send it to a video lab while maintaining chain of custody. If the video goes against me, I have control of it. If the video supports me or my actions, I have good proof that can be introduced in court, with professional presentation and complete chain of custody.

I would not drive without one any more.
    That is a very good suggestion.
    Cobra sounds expensive.
    What model is it????
    Does it do back-up camera???

Boolit Grand Master
    I have one in each of my vehicles. I tried some of the cheaper ones, but the video quality was poor. I then bought two of these and have been very pleased....video quality is excellent, and it has many features I don't use. Waksupi is correct about the suction cup mounts, they do fall off in temperature extremes.

https://www.amazon.com/INSIQ-Dashcam.../dp/B06XZQPFXS
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123