Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingPBcastcoRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load Data Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: casting 357 for rossi 92s

Boolit Master
    I have been thinking about getting a 358665 and trying it in the Rossi 92 357.
    Does anyone have any experience with it?
    To me, the mould looks like it would fit a lever rifle quite well.

I have that RCBS mold. It does have a smaller shoulder than is typical of most SWCs It's certainly smaller than the Lyman 358429. I don't have a 358156.

Almost a year late to the game!

I keep a 20" 92 Rossi in the laundry room gun rack here at the house. There are frequently coyotes about looking for chicken dinner.

I use two loads in my Rossi and its companion 4 3/4" Uberti Hombre.

The first is a 153 gr. SWC cast from a Lyman 358477 mould. I load it over 6.0-6.5 grs. of Unique which yields a little over 1,000 fps out of the revolver and a bit over 1200 out of the Rossi. This is plenty of medicine for coyotes and stray dogs and I'd poke a hog with it if I had to. It's quite an accurate and shoots pie 6" groups at 75 yds. from the revolver.

My other is a hunting load consisting of a 167 gr. RNFP- hollowpoint, or the same bullet in solid form at 180 grs, from an MP mold. I run it a little over 1700 fps with a heavy charge of H-110. I shot a deer and a hog with this load and didn't get much penetration, probably the bullet is too soft. But I did recover one of the bullets.

I really think the 359429 SWC would be a good bullet and it feeds fine on my Rossi.

35W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12