Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
Id save the linotype. Try water dropping what you have. It seems a waste to me to add linotype to an unknown alloy that already has tin. chances are your range lead is fine for range work. Sure will be if water dropped. I don't like mixing in big batches. Id rather have pure, ww, lino, mono, and tin that's in one lb ingots. When I want a specific alloy its easy to check the load data book for that gun to see what it likes the best and mix one l pounders and get the same alloy every time. Only alloy I make up in large quanity is 5050 ww/pure. Mostly because I ran into so much pure and pure as is isn't good for much of what I do. Its fine for general plinking as is and mixed 5050 with lineotype is good enough for about anything. Id hold on to it especially if you are young enough to be able to shoot for many more years. Its getting real tough to find and soon will be about non existent.
Ditto for what LLoyd said. I've shot range lead at 2k fps (powder coated) .001 OVER bore diameter with no leading what so ever. Shoot first and juggle the mix later. Keep the Lino for very special applications.