Snyders JerkyWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My newest method for PC

Boolit Master
    I admit to being anal, but just to be fair I tried the dump method and went back to to my old ways. What I found was I can't cook as many bullets rolling around on mesh or whatever, also they are much more likely to roll together and bond unless I cook even fewer. If a full cure is used there will be marks on the bullets. If a partial cure is used (Less than what the powder manufacturer recommends) I don't even want to go there. Powder flows with gravity, so the bullet's base is not flat. I had marks on the bullets, instead of my usual smooth complete coverage, flat base bullets. When I hear just as accurate I have to ask, how was this proven? Sizing only makes the bullet's bands round, it does nothing to correct a lopsided bullet. It has been proven time and again any defect or angle to the base of a bullet affects accuracy.

However, the dump is a much faster process, but just OK instead as good as I can make it usually is in just about everything.
    Last edited by Dragonheart; 06-14-2019 at 08:06 AM.

If speed is the desired goal, HT is between 200-2000% faster, with great results and zero waste. I use my wet tumbler to coat like 300 at a time, I can probably coat and bake 1000 per hour, 2 coats!

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselhorses View Post
    You put the factory bullet trays/inserts in the oven? Or do you just use them to align bullets on oven tray?
    Obviously the trays are just a template & do NOT go into the oven.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Banned
    I bake tall boolits like this and turn it over to line up short boolits then remove it

Boolit Master
    They are called Baker's Cooling Racks, available from Amazon and various other stores. Many made of Stainless steel and with different size grids, so getting a caliber fit is not to difficult. Grid racks make it a lot easier to get maximum capacity out of your oven and it holds the bulets in place until I get them into the oven. I remove the grid once the bullets are in the oven and use it to load another pan. I just purchased one for 30 caliber off Amazon for $8.95 that will hold almost 1200 bullets on a half sheet size pan. Set the cooling rack on a silicon baking mat and you are ready to load it up.

Attachment 243595Attachment 243596

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12