Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Uberti 73 Special Sporting rifle

Boolit Master

Uberti 73 Special Sporting rifle

Just picked up a new to me 73. The only indication I could find that it had been fired or at least loaded was a little bit of bluing missing on the front edge of the loading gate. Bolt face and extractor don't show any sign of handling any cartridges. For all practical purposes it looks new.
    The trigger is pretty stout. I figured someone hear could give some suggestions on spring kits etc. If that would lower the trigger pull some it might be about right, otherwise I might have to stone it.

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 73 Rifle 006.jpg   73 Rifle 007.jpg   73 Rifle 008.jpg  
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz330 View Post
    Just picked up a new to me 73. The only indication I could find that it had been fired or at least loaded was a little bit of bluing missing on the front edge of the loading gate. Bolt face and extractor don't show any sign of handling any cartridges. For all practical purposes it looks new.
    The trigger is pretty stout. I figured someone hear could give some suggestions on spring kits etc. If that would lower the trigger pull some it might be about right, otherwise I might have to stone it.

Bob
    Springs first .
    Back the strain screw out on the main spring as first step.

Nice buy; they are a blast to shoot! Look up VTI Gun Parts for some fairly inexpensive "mods". What caliber is yours?

I am jealous. It's a great looking gun. Nice find.
    Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you're at. -Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
    Nice buy; they are a blast to shoot! Look up VTI Gun Parts for some fairly inexpensive "mods". What caliber is yours?
    45 Colt. It was on one of the sites and at a Cabela's in MN, they shipped it to the local Cabela's. Those guys kept asking if it was a new gun since it didn't have a factory box with it. I thought the price was pretty good and when I used my CC points it was even better.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!