RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End of the line for my PB powder supply

Boolit Buddy
    Have several cans on the shelf and would be happy to sell some of it if you are in the Muskegon Michigan area. PM going out to daloper....

For the guys looking for PB, if you have any trap/skeet/sporting clays clubs, I'd post a "wanted to buy" sign at them.

That was a pretty popular shotgun powder in days gone by. It's kind of fallen out of favor for newer powders. I see it occasionally for sale at one of the clubs I frequent.

I'll bet there's cans sitting under loading benches that just need a gentle prodding to come out into the light.

For any that are interested in trying something new(ish), as a replacement for IMR-PB, there is Nobel Sport Vectan 206-V. Same burn range and I've found it to fill the cases just as nicely, burn very cleanly and the cost per pound is something right out of the 1990's!

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...roductId/28083

GC
    Kind regards,
    GC

Chico Marx, after his wife caught him in bed with another woman: "Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by junkbug View Post
    PB is a specific powder, apparently now out of production. I have never used it, but I will cry when the last of my SR-4759 is gone.
    On two occasions lately I have been the recipient of powder from a family that reloader has passed. I was fortunate enough to get around 16 lbs of SR-4759 between the two deals plus a lot of other valued powders including a fair stock of 2400. Right place, right time.

Banned
    I located a can of PB during the shortges and used it in my .256 Win. Mag. I found 4.5 grains PB behind 65 grain cast from Lyman GC a lot of fun to shoot in my Contender. Now have an MGM 13 inch barrel and need to cast more 65 grain bullets.

Boolit Buddy
    A friend used PB for his 12 ga. slug loads and got good results. I'm a big fan of SR 4756 and was lucky to find (5) 8 oz. cans at the local gunshow last year. It's my go-to powder for midrange 41 mag and the RCBS 41-210-swc boolit.
    If you want your children to follow in your footsteps, be careful where you walk.
    Beware the man that only owns one gun; he probably knows how to use it.
    Some things never change; others change more slowly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12