RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxWideners
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: 185 grain cast in Revolver

185 grain cast in Revolver

I’d bought a 360-180 mold from NOE. It’s weighing out 185 grains. My Lyman 50th shows no data with exception of Accurate powders. I’m going to use 2400 and cci mag primers. Shot a few through the GP 100 using 9 grains of 2400. Not super hot but don’t want to venture into danger zone. Does anyone have an older Lyman manual with 2400 listed.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    You might try
    https://loaddata.com/articles/PDF/LD-41%20Campbell.pdf its heavy loads in 38 spec.

I would suggest that you try to obtain some manuals yourself, so you won't have to ask often. Using other folks "pet loads" off of the internet can be hazardous if there is any miscommunication or transfer of info by a simple mistake. QUOTE

I have 5 reloading manuals and Lee was only one that came close. I don't think Lyman 50th even had a load for anything larger than 170gr. Lee had the 185 but only with Accurate powder. Sierra and Nosler no help either. I would like to have an old Lyman load book. I took Lees manual and downloaded enough to not squib for a few test shots. I'm sure there are older manuals that list loads with more than Accurate powders.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    You know you can get a free alliant loading manual by signing up on web or by calling i suggest calling.

I don't need you to spoon feed me anything. I know when the Hornady 10th came out the ELDx was not in the older manuals. I would take a snapshot of the page and send it to whoever needed it. I don't want internet loads and admit that can be mighty dangerous. I appreciate your help. I wouldn't ask anyone on here to just list a load from their gun and try it in mine.

Thanks for the info on Alliant. I didn't know they had a manual they would send out.

Banned
    You never mentioned what you were shooting this out of. I'm guessing a .357 mag.
    this is out of Lyman cast 4th. 5 grns under but gives you a place to start. I'd suggest 11 grns 2400 would be a safe starting point.

http://marvinstuart.com/firearm/Manu...7%20Magnum.pdf
    Last edited by Conditor22; 03-13-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Conditor22 . That is perfect. I couldn’t have asked for more. I’m shooting it out of a GP100 with a 4 inch barrel.
    Thanks so much. I’ll print this and add it to my load books. Again, many Thanks