Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Load Data
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What other hobbies do you have?

Boolit Buddy
    I love archery. All aspects of compound bow shooting,tuning,testing. Crossbows too. Love working on bows. Building bow strings also. Also am a knife sharpening fanatic.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Quote Originally Posted by Snow ninja View Post
    I like to woodwork and leatherwork. And I know I'm gonna catch flack for this, but I also like to play videogames. I also enjoy just hanging out and doing stuff with my 16 y/o son, I know those times are quickly coming to an end soon.
    Amen to this one.. if your teen is into playing video games, then you play video games... cherish the time... I still play occasional binges of heavily modded Skyrim... my youngest son got me started...he is 22 now, and we still play in the winter time..... nuthin worse then a 60 sumthin yelling at a 4ft computer screen... it’s just wrong, but I do it...

Hello, my name is Marko, and I am a Skyrim Junkie.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

For most of my life I've flown model airplanes and still do. Building them is still my favorite part. All sorts of gun related stuff including smithing, trap shooting, USPSA and steel plate pistol shooting. I started out my adult life as a photographer and still have my B&W darkroom equipment. Would like to use it again now that I'm retired. I make stuff out of wood but not sure it's a hobby; maybe just a means to an end but I enjoy it. I like sharing what I've learned with others. Lost my last boat in Katrina but would like to do same sailing again. Not sure I want to own another boat that has to stay in the water full time. Maybe a fishing boat since I'll be near salt water again. I like stargazing and have collected some nice telescopes but that is more demanding on time than it might seem. It will be even harder once we leave New Mexico and are in the Houston area full time.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

I also love early to mid-60's Fords ... they're the cars I grew up with. I have a '65 Mustang Fastback that is currently being rebuilt into a GT350 Shelby tribute (289 / T5-5 speed) and a '68 Mustang California Special with a 390 / 4 speed (one of only 111 built).

The '65 FB is currently in the body and paint shop for the conversion, so currently looks like this ...

Will end up looking like this ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Interesting ...
    I have built scale model military vehicles off and on over the years.
    Used to go to the IMPS and AMPS regional and national shows.
    Still have a couple of builds on the model bench that I started several years ago before I went through my health problems.
    I should get those finished one of these days...one is a WWII Sherman M4A3E8 with applique armor and a 76mm gun. Another is a WWII Russian SU-85. I also have a WWII German Tiger tank with full interior to finish that my older brother was building at the time of his death. I would like to eventually finish that for him.
    Probably have nearly a hundred 1/35 scale kits stashed away.

Pipe and cigar smoking (yes that's a hobby).
    Nice fountain pens.
    I'm getting ready to invest in a good grill/smoker combo so that is something that will quickly become a hobby I imagine.
    I would like to get into cowboy action shooting in a couple years when I get out of school and have the time.
    Life is a series of bullseyes and backstraps - Ted Nugent

Moto trials. A great way to beat yourself up, slowly.

Most anything shooting related. I enjoy reloading and casting as much as much as shooting.

Used to do photography kinda fell out of that. Couldn't keep up with the rest of the photo club I belonged to. Always buying the latest and greatest.

Used to do martial arts. I have Black belts in two different styles.
    Got to hurting to much after practicing. Come home and not sleep well because of it. Getting old I guess. To many hard miles on me worked as a carpenter most of my life.
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

Thanks everyone!
    I'm thinking about retirement in the next couple of years. Just thinking about some new time sinks.
    I raced motorcycles when I was young (flat track) then got into IPSC and later High power rifle. Made distinguished then HM LR and XTC. Neck and spine problems from the dirt track days stopped the competitive shooting about the time evil wife #2 robbed me blind. Love 1911's, tinkering and shooting them. Still shoot a lot when I'm able. I used to read everything now I kill most of my reading time on the internet. Fishing and hunting some when I have time, no more big game, just not able to do that anymore.

Boolit Buddy

Antique Coleman LampsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170702_205812.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	237763
    A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...2441-Ron-in-PA

Boolit Master
    Besides the shooting sports,does girl watching count?Hey.I`m old.NOT dead.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Air guns, crossbows, slingshots, blow guns for projectile types.

I also do some flint knapping, still learning but slowly getting there.
    Last spring I spent almost 4 months learning to die flys, mostly panfish bugs, some minnow imitations, little bit of everything. Need to go back in there and do a bit of cleaning and get back into it. Building a new fly/lure from scratch eats time, leaves me in this nice calm zen state. And mostly I end up with 2-4 new flys per hour that fish seem to like.

Then there is always reading, interests there are wide and wildly varying.

Once in a while I grab a computer that is not working correctly and see what I can do with it.

Along with my usual casting, loading, shooting of course.

Its a big world out there, stuff you've learned, skills you have mastered can never be taken away from you.

Boolit Master
    Motorcycles,riding my side by side in the hills,o guage model trains,woodworking . Also like to read about history.

Boolit Buddy
    Building computers, working on computers, making custom boot disks (mods). Photography old school 35mm Nikons, Canon's
    new school digitals not new ..new, Photoshop, Lightroom. working on hit n miss engines, them water cooled jobs that weigh a ton,
    have so much stuff / hobbies to work on, ran out of room, an old Farmall Cub tractor, and a 1939 Ford Deluxe Station wagon aka
    "woody wagon" flathead V-8 been garage kept, took it apart years ago like 30+ to restore have all the parts and pieces boxed up
    no room (at my parents house). Blacksmith tools. Should just said this my hobby is collecting anything that becomes a hobby. We
    are thinking about relocating and one of the things is a big garage, I know more space = more junk. the other half has told me that
    over and over...

keep an open mind and your never too old to learn something new.

-Rock

I used to shoot recurve some, I'd like to get back into that. I've always been into collecting and trading knives. They ain't worth nothing if they ain't sharp, mastered freehand sharpening when I was a kid. Repointing and repairing old knives is something I enjoy, along with sheath making. I prefer it using only hand tools. Been known to bring back old carpenter tools too, draw knives, chisels, and planes.

I got into rock collecting when I was a kid and even wanted to be a geologist for a while. Still keep my eye out for the next neat rock.

Got into refurbishing and using old cast iron a couple years back. Ain't got a lot of it yet but yard sale season is almost upon us.

I also like to make firearms accessories, shooting sticks, slip cases, and slings when the notion strikes me.

Boolit Mold
    I spend a lot of time walking with my dog in the woods. I also sail. When I got my old boat it was a wreck, but many hour and dollars later it is looking OK. While waiting for Lake Superior to thaw out I spend a lot of time reading and researching revolvers.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nokomis 3.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	237785
    Christian, Father, Husband

Amateur astronomy. Ground and polished 4 mirrors for homemade Dobson scopes. Collecting indian artifacts, mostly arrow heads but some beads, awls, and pottery. Been working on a TOW 1803 Harpers Ferry kit for the last 4 years. This has been a serious ongoing education for me. Cooking and long walks with my ugly 4 legged best friend. I sold my 23ft Ericson sailboat but still allowed to use it. I love retirement.
    "An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out." Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    Fighting Communisim

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Grand Master

Rock hound, Gem cutter, Gold prospector, and accumulator.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

NRA high power rifle and CMP service rifle competition. Three matches a month plus the Camp Perry National Trophy Matches. A little bit of pistol competition.
    DRB #2276 President's Hundred 2021

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast