Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What other hobbies do you have?

What other hobbies do you have?

What do you do other than shoot to reload?

Anything that burns gasoline! Whatever goes fast or goes bang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish list. Things my daughter and I are looking for.

Ideal and Lyman HP pins
    Kimber micro 9 mags
    Star die removal tool, 430 die & TP.
    Cocking stud and ejector Stevens 15a

Boolit Master
    We grow a garden. I used to dink around with old tractors, but now I mostly just do what is needed to keep them running and functional.

metal detecting, fishing, scuba diving..... I honestly don't understand people who experience boredom, there is just not enough time in the day for the fun stuff, not to mention the not fun stuff that needs to get done too.

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    I study military history(focus on WWII) and paleontology (human, dinosaur and megafauna).
    Read a lot...

Boolit Master
    Hunt, fish, camp/woodsbumming, tie flies, make jigs & sinkers, hangout with my family /friends & my dogs, smoke meats/fish, drink beer or booze on occasion, play cards, smoke a cigar, ride motorcycle, read, drive backroads looking at things & seeing game animals(scouting), play billiards & darts, garden & canning, and shooting/casting/handloading. I don't think I forgot anything...

All of which were done back when I was working more than fulltime & running a business. Now I don't work as much as I did, so I fill in the extra time sometimes, with hanging out in some cast boolit forum along with the other hobbies.

Next?
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

I work alot. I try to make time to build things. I havent had time to shoot or reload in months. I retire from this job in 5 more years and hopefully life will slow down and i can enjoy it

I like to hunt, fish, camp, woodsman, carpentry, gardening, and chemistry.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Banned

Tobacco pipe smoking.
    A few years ago I would have just said pipe smoking.
    History buff, love reading history.
    That is it.

Banned
    I don't do anything anymore. As far as previous "hobbies" I don't know if the many things I did would qualify as hobbies. I did mostly subsistence living kind of things. Fix cars. fish and hunt, fix everything mostly. Did a lot of dumpster diving. Most of the time almost everything I had came either from the dumpster or second hand store so I spent a lot of time learning about daily devices so I could fix them. It's hard to think of anything that I haven't fixed at one time or another, from watches to washing machines; Houses to Hondas. I guess you would refer to me as a "Bubba". I suppose my hobby was to "bubba".

Boolit Master

Gardening, riding motorcycle, build cabinets, sailing, camping.
    And not in that order.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    Hunting, fishing, hiking, exploring. Hanging out with family and working on the house and vehicles. Other than that, I just go to work.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    I don't do anything anymore. As far as previous "hobbies" I don't know if the many things I did would qualify as hobbies. I did mostly subsistence living kind of things. Fix cars. fish and hunt, fix everything mostly. Did a lot of dumpster diving. Most of the time almost everything I had came either from the dumpster or second hand store so I spent a lot of time learning about daily devices so I could fix them. It's hard to think of anything that I haven't fixed at one time or another, from watches to washing machines; Houses to Hondas. I guess you would refer to me as a "Bubba". I suppose my hobby was to "bubba".
    I hear you. Been there myself. I still can't make myself throw anything away. I still have a stack of salvaged lumber, but it is smaller than it once was. Also have a pile of "undesignated inventory" iron. Some folks call it scrap iron, but in my opinion, iron is never scrap.

I like to woodwork and leatherwork. And I know I'm gonna catch flack for this, but I also like to play videogames. I also enjoy just hanging out and doing stuff with my 16 y/o son, I know those times are quickly coming to an end soon.
    Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you're at. -Theodore Roosevelt

Hunt, fish,hike, shoot, garden, woodworking, tending my 120 acres including food plots and firewood, mountain biking, traveling, cooking and eating, garage sales, flea markets and anywhere they sell old things.

Boolit Grand Master

I hunt for Native American Artifacts (Arrowheads). I'm a Private Pilot and once owned my own plane. I'm into Craft Beer and the Wife and I take several trips a year visiting new or interesting Breweries. I'm learning to Fish, Turkey Hunt and to Duck Hunt, something that I did not have the time to do when I was working. We make most of the Grandchildrens Sports and School functions. I'm a reader. In the past I rode and raced dirt bikes. I was also a hobby welder, building most of my own metal stuff. Everything from the cart that my welder sits on to my deer stands, trailers, tractor implements, my smelting pot and burner, bird feeders, basket ball goals, ect.

Fishing, photography, computer repair, a few other small things. I read a lot.
    I used to shoot trap. I used to shoot target archery. I used to ride bicycles a lot.
    I was never very good at any of them except archery. I won Illinois state championship several times in my category.
    For the photography, I like to take pictures of wildlife. I have many good pictures of bald eagles.

Boolit Master
    I like to fish, either fly fishing or with UL gear, and I still have the heavier stuff for bass tournament fishing.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Woodworking, gun customizing and an old photographic process called gum bichromate but in all honesty I did a ton of woodwork after my retirement followed by rifle tinkering and my photo work has fallen by the wayside. Heres my 8 ft gazebo, deck extension and steps going down to my 25 yd bench that I built. I didn’t use plans for the gazebo, just did it. Need to get off my lazy butt and finish the lattice work around the deck.
    Attachment 237694
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 03-10-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Boolit Master
    We have 2 green houses full, and I mean full of Orchids, all kind of tropical plants. That’s just about a full time job. Of course I’m the maintenance person keeping those systems up and working. Love to garden during the season, potatoes are planted, and getting ready for pole beans etc. have 28 acres to keep up mowing. Love to ride horses, my horse is a Tenn. walker and racking horse, wife has an Andalusian horse that we raised from a baby.
    Also love rebuilding engines, old engines, like 1940’s type flat head 4 cyl. Have 3 old army type Jeep, projects, too many irons in the fire. I like building any thing, built barn, large shop, 2 green houses.
    Reloading, casting, shooting on shooting range located on property.
    Love visiting old folks from church, and helping them, along with learning all I can, from the old ways of survival. Keeping busy.

Boolit Grand Master

Cook, smoke meat and nuts and cheese, make pens and pencils on my lathe, other woodwork when I can, read history, study the Bible, gardening limited to a small yard (but picked 20 qts blueberries last year). I have made jewelry in the past and will again, and have turned bowls and will again.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast