RepackboxWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got banned on a Christian site; end times and Christian leftists?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    There was a thread last week in which they were debating the new abortion laws in Virginia, and many people defending the law and Planned Parenthood in general were Lutherans. I commented that I had no idea that Lutherans hated babies so much and was banned from the political forums.

As a Lutheran I do not hate babies and that statement just kinda rubs me the wrong way
    These are what I call single issue voters.
    They are more than willing to give up their basic freedom for a single issue, and in the end will lose that too.
    People like that can only see what's on their nose and are unable to see what's down the road.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Banned
    As much as it has many faults, you can find Christian groups on Facebook that are "closed" groups. I.E. you must be approved to join. They weed out satanists very quickly.

Boolit Master
    Fellowship with other believers is important, and at times it can be difficult to find, with those who feel the same way you do about theological matters and about life in general.

When I first came to know Christ, I was young and didn't care what others thought. I simply tried to please God (in an imperfect way, of course) and life my own life. As a result, I believe my walk with Christ was somewhat effective.

As I got older, I somehow felt that I needed to please others, both inside and outside the church. Frankly, that approach has been a disaster for myself, for others and for my relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

We are called to love the Lord and love other people, not to please people. In the process, we are commanded to be faithful to His Word above all else. (I of course fail miserably at that.)

Sometimes our biggest detractors can be those in the church. Oh well, so what?

As we get closer to Christ's return, apostasy will reign in the church, to a great extent. I believe, for the most part, that it is not helpful to worry about that too much. All we can do is be faithful to God and to His Word, as best we can, as He gives us the grace to do and to be. Everything else is up to Him. (I know, easy to say, hard to do.)

The other day, I read in Isaiah,

"Stop regarding man, whose breath of life is in his nostrils; For why should he be esteemed?" Isaiah 2:22 (N.A.S.B.)

Think of it this way, if Isaiah had cared what his contemporaries thought, would he have been able to please God? I think not.

Pray for me brother, and I will pray for you, that pleasing God would be our goal. Keep the faith.

With regards,

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

“So, do you disagree that people who support Planned Parenthood and abortion don't hate babies?”

In my opinion, they are not “ baby haters”. That would imply that they hate ALL babies, infants, children,... Do I support Planned Parenthood? NO. Do I support abortion? NO

We’ve established some common ground.

“Or do you just have an issue with me calling out people for their beliefs and statements that go against Biblical standards and common morality?”

If that’s your game, to seek out and call out those as you reference above, have at it! Personally, I don’t feel the need...and thank you for referencing “ common morality”. We’ve broadened our common ground.

“I suspect your sense of irony is little more than your desire to belittle and attack me in a passive aggressive way. Ironically...”

Your spider senses may be tingling, but they are inaccurate. Maybe my idea of “Fellowship” is incorrect. ... and I thought it ironic to seek fellowship in a particular group, then call some of the members of that group “baby haters” ... then lament being excluded from that group. But after reading your description of the “group”, who’d want to be part of it?

My apologies if my comments came across as an attack, or as belittling. As I posted above, hopefully one day we’ll be able to continue this conversation face to face, in heaven. ... but I still won’t be quoting scripture...lol.
    Last edited by 468; 03-11-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Christians eat their wounded!

But understand this, that in the last days dangerous times [of great stress and trouble] will come [difficult days that will be hard to bear]. For people will be lovers of self [narcissistic, self-focused], lovers of money [impelled by greed], boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy and profane, [and they will be] unloving [devoid of natural human affection, calloused and inhumane], irreconcilable, malicious gossips, devoid of self-control [intemperate, immoral], brutal, haters of good, traitors, reckless, conceited, lovers of [sensual] pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of [outward] godliness (religion), although they have denied its power [for their conduct nullifies their claim of faith]. Avoid such people and keep far away from them.
    2 Timothy 3:1-5 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...-5&version=AMP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

A way of understanding

Read Romans Chapter One, Verse 14 on.

Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Obviously not concealed carry but not a huge leap to draw a parallel.

I will fear no evil for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff-they comfort me.
    Psalm 23

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    Obviously not concealed carry but not a huge leap to draw a parallel.

Psalm 23
    Luke 22:36 He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    I brought this to light a few days ago in the pit. Main stream Christianity is more concerned with power and wealth. No different then politicians. Follow the money. True believers are the minority.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Quote Originally Posted by skeettx View Post
    A way of understanding

Mike
    Mike, so interesting that you would point me there. I was reading last night about the time frame associated with Paul's writings. His verbiage seems to be attempting to appeal to those in Rome that were questioning the rule/decadence of Caligula. I think it important, in my fledgling journey, to read the entire script, not just a passage here and there...and also outside "THE BOOK" to gain better perspective. There are other passages in ROMANS that allude to Caligula, and his demise.

It's surprising easy!

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    Luke 22:36 He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.
    LUKE 22:38
    The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That's enough!" he replied.

Do you own but 2 "swords"?

Quote Originally Posted by 468 View Post
    LUKE 22:38
    The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That's enough!" he replied.

Do you own but 2 "swords"?
    Matthew 26:52-54
    "Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

Genesis 9:6
    Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man his blood will be shed; for in His own image God has made mankind.

Boolit Master

Thundarstick, in your referenced thread:

“Just read a couple of commentaries, it seems the scholars don't know either.”

THAT makes sense. ...and thanks for the reference.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Idaho45guy"The Lutheran church has largely now supported a woman's right to abortion. Abortion murders babies. Murder involves hatred. These Lutherans were vehemently supporting Planned Parenthood and abortion. Therefore, they obviously hate babies if they support the right to murder them."

The Lutheran Church has many different synod I am a Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod we do not believe in abortion

The ELCA is less conservative than the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod (LCMS) or the even more conservative Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS), the second and third largest Lutheran bodies in the United States respectively.
    Last edited by DCP; 03-12-2019 at 09:37 PM.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeettx View Post
    A way of understanding

Mike
    That is a good place to start. I "got converted" by the Bible by inadvertently starting in Romans 1. By the end I was on my high horse condemning the "dirty sinners" of our day...then I read Chapter 2 verse one!!!!!! I sat on my bed and said,"OK God you got me, What do I do now?" That began my life as a disciple of Christ. I was reading the Bible 8 hours a day trying to put as much of it in my heart that I could...seeking God, praying every day on my knees for sometimes hours.
    I only wish I had done that when I was 10 instead of waiting until I was 33.

Christianity has been watered down a lot both here and abroad. There has been a lot of discussion about preacher sermons about lbgtq and gov. interferences but in 50 yrs of baptist sermons never heard a one.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    ……
    I only wish I had done that when I was 10 instead of waiting until I was 33.
    Better late than never!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Too many false teachers out there professing to know what the Bible says without ever reading it.
    Scripture says that in the last days, people will call good evil and will call evil good.
    One only has to look at what goes on in Hollywood and in Washington, DC.

Point one the bible bites itself in the tail frequently. Things that are in the old testament simply do not always reconcile with the teachings of Jesus in the new testament. This also means one can usually find passages to support different positions or viewpoints.

Salvation theology is a good example. The new testament can easily be interpreted as Jesus saying all mankind is saved by his sacrifice. Nothing else is needed. The sacrifice is made for all humanity irrespective of their actions. Hitler is saved because Jesus died for his sins. Not worthy, did not to anyone's knowledge seek salvation. But the deed is done. One can also find passages that don't support that interpretation. As I said not consistent in the theology.

Point two. The fact that some interpret the same body of inconsistent scripture and arrive at a different conclusion, or feel it supports a different viewpoint does not make them Satanist, evil, unchristian. Making accusations of this based on your frail, fault ridden, human interpretation is the height of hubris. You need to follow where you feel God leads you. You do not need to cast aspersions on others, especially not trying to wield the authority of God to support it.

Point three there is a long historical record of folks saying the "end times" are near. Which does completely ignore that "none will know" when the master will return. None seems pretty all inclusive. Not 100% sure of the Greek word used in the earliest copies so I suppose there could be a shading to that "none" but as translated it leaves little doubt that no one can say when the end times will occur.

There is a tradition in several religious denominations of being strict pacifist. In many others there is a good sized portion that share that view. Expecting them to support your choice of being armed is to insist they ignore their own leading from scripture and prayer. While castigating them for not sharing your view of abortion or gay marriage that you I presume arrived at though the same approach.

Interesting that the bible doesn't directly address abortion. Historical records show it exists in the Roman empire at that time. It may I believe be because the Jewish view was that life began at birth not conception. I seem to recall that under the Jewish law the striking of a pregnant woman who died from the attack required the payment (fine) due for a single person. Unless the woman gave birth and the infant died. Then the payment for two people was required. There is some dimly recalled stuff related to when a soul invested an infant, at birth not conception is what I think that was.

Given this abortion might have been for Jesus and the Old Testament Jewish people a settled issue not warranting much discussion or commentary in scripture. No different than Jesus's hair style or length. It is safe to assume his hair was fairly normal for a Jewish male of the time and not worthy of comment or discussion. Thus not mentioned.

As to Hollywood, Washington DC. or Europe as examples of how messed up things are I don't think those places have much of a corner on decidedly un-Christian views or actions. Plenty of folks all throughout the world or this country who come up short of even the basics of the 10 commandments "social" laws, never mind the theological ones. Or the Golden Rule or other basic guidance from the New Testament. Historically and today one finds both abominable behavior on the part of some Christians, or behavior that was clearly not up to standards that would represent what we consider basic Christian values in a positive light.

No I am not in the least anti-Christian. I believe that God does not lead all men down the same path or to the same understanding. I do not have any real issue with this as long as I am free to pursue the path I think is right without interference and others are free to pursue their own beliefs and understandings without interference.

In the end I try to gratefully accept God's will. Knowing that I have as little chance given the blue prints for the space shuttle of building and successfully flying that space shuttle as I do of actually understanding the mind of the creator of all that is, was, or ever will be. I can look at the sky full of stars and be amazed, but understand the mind that created a universe full of billions of stars? I can but try and understand while knowing my own limitations will make it a pale imitation of understanding. I see now but darkly, but then I shall see as I am seen from 1 Corinthians seems to support that view at least somewhat.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast