Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got banned on a Christian site; end times and Christian leftists?

Boolit Master

Got banned on a Christian site; end times and Christian leftists?

I was on a Christian site that is the largest I had found on the internet, Christianforums.com. I joined over three years ago in an attempt to find fellowship online since church services are so limited in my area.

Unfortunately, I realized that Christians are our own worst enemy.

It seems that the Christian faith is suffering the same fate as much of the world in that it is turning away from Godly standards and embracing leftist ideology.

The site was populated by many "Christians" from Europe, and they are the most hateful, liberal, and nasty people I've encountered online.

Because I owned firearms and carry one for self-defense, I was called demon-possessed, a non-Christian, and had "murder in my heart". Just the most foul things you could say to a Believer.

There was a thread last week in which they were debating the new abortion laws in Virginia, and many people defending the law and Planned Parenthood in general were Lutherans. I commented that I had no idea that Lutherans hated babies so much and was banned from the political forums.

So here I am, trying to find fellowship, and realizing that the poison of leftism has seeped into all areas. It's like a virus that is spreading unchecked all over the world and causing hate and violence towards Christians and conservatives.

I was just reading Revelations last month and I don't recall any wording that specifically reminded me of this modern spread of leftist ideology.

But surely it has to have been alluded to in Scripture?

It seems to be the driving force behind the attempt to enslave mankind and remove God from the world, so there just has to be a scriptural reference to such an evil philosophy.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Not in revelations, but Isaiah talks about good being called evil and evil being called good.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Boolit Master

Too many "Christians" miss out on the personal relationship with God and focus way too much on their personal relationships with other "Christians" and put more store in the word of others and not the Word of God. Their heads and hearts are swollen with their own righteousness while ignoring Gods Word.
    Trust in the Lord always for his Word will endure forever.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

Read the first chapter of Romans.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master

I find it disturbing that I am on half a dozen gun forums that are not brand specific, that are populated by tens of thousands of people, mostly from America and mostly conservative, yet I can't find a single Christian forum of any notable size, that is conservative in nature.

I stumbled into a couple little ones that definitely had a white supremacist feel to them and quickly got the heck out of there.

And of all the firearms sites, this is the only one that has a sub-forum for Christians to discuss issues.

The first and largest firearms site I was on for nearly 20 years had a religious issues forum that is now shut down. It slowly became nothing more than a place atheists would go to bash Christians and argue. The site owner was a non-believer and allowed the attacks. The hate and intolerance spread throughout the whole site and I no longer visit it. The owner sold it to a leftist Canadian conglomerate that is anti-gun. It is sobering to see one of the most successful gun forums turn into a haven for anti-Christian bashing and become a shell of it's former self. But that's what happens when you deal with the devil...
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

I suspect many were trolls and not Christians at all. The Bible does say that in the latter days peoples love will wax cold. So the conclusion must be we are in the latter days. The letter to the Corithians stresses love between the brothern. Corinth was a diverse city full of idol worship. Love is what should keep Christians together and hate will divide us.
    I am curious about your experience. Did those opposed to your views use Scripture to justify their beliefs or was it just opinions and words of hatred?

Boolit Master

There was a thread last week in which they were debating the new abortion laws in Virginia, and many people defending the law and Planned Parenthood in general were Lutherans. I commented that I had no idea that Lutherans hated babies so much and was banned from the political forums.

As a Lutheran I do not hate babies and that statement just kinda rubs me the wrong way
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    Religion is the most abused form of power on the planet. Invoking the word God seems to make certain groups and individuals believe that the convey righteousness where they are not righteousness at all. Ever hear a person use the word "we" when they're actually speaking for themselves? They seem to think that it implies they are the majority when telling what's right and what isn't. It doesn't. Read the bible and follow the word of God, not the word of man. Without reading what you posted on their web site forum I can't comment on the specifics of why you may have been banned. It's difficult to speculate on half a story. However, I'm open minded to the idea that you may have struck a chord with someone who heard something you didn't mean to say, or mis-interpreted what you said. I do think there's a case to be made that many in the world are headed towards a one world religion. That direction is mis-directed, it goes against Gods word. We can't forgive our own sins or follow our own beliefs to make our lives easier by trying to justify doing the wrong things. Just follow what the Bible teaches. It's Gods word.

Banned

Our little congregational church is pretty darn conservative. Several of us are concealed carrying every Sunday and pretty much everybody knows it. Sure won't hear any leftist talk from our preacher despite the fact that his background is Methodist.

That would be disheartening to hear that kind of stuff in a Christian forum.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post

As a Lutheran I do not hate babies and that statement just kinda rubs me the wrong way
    My grandparents were Lutherans and as conservative as could be. However, the church has turned decidedly leftist in it's views and doctrine, unfortunately...

The ECLA supports homosexual marriage and abortion...

https://www.exposingtheelca.com/on-homosexuality.html

https://www.exposingtheelca.com/on-abortion.html

http://www.nadiabolz-weber.com/home/...ned-parenthood

Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    ... Did those opposed to your views use Scripture to justify their beliefs or was it just opinions and words of hatred?
    So, if it’s not scripture, it is words of hatred?

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    ...There was a thread last week in which they were debating the new abortion laws in Virginia, and many people defending the law and Planned Parenthood in general were Lutherans. I commented that I had no idea that Lutherans hated babies so much and was banned from the political forums

Soooo...you accused some Lutherans of being baby haters ... and they banned you. ... and that surprises you?

But surely it has to have been alluded to in Scripture?

It seems to be the driving force behind the attempt to enslave mankind and remove God from the world, so there just has to be a scriptural reference to such an evil philosophy.
    Why do you need a scriptural reference to support your opinion? Can’t you believe in something based on your own, personal beliefs and sensibilities?

I find it ironic you state you were looking for “fellowship”, then call other members of the site “baby haters”.

Boolit Master
    I can't find anything in the Bible about concealed carry, leftists, or conservatives.

Boolit Master
    I think one of the main issues we have, is that organized worship groups, ie churches, have labeled so many things "sins" that clearly aren't. This has lead to a pendulum effect of swinging so far in the other direction that many don't accept delineated sins, as sins. Another thing is that scripture isn't respected as authoritative in many churches, or to many Christians. If I don't know what's in the scripture, or know it and don't give it power, I am indeed self-entitled to give just as much weight to my own opinions about right and wrong. Most of us also have strong feelings, hard heads, and will meet a frontal attack with force, and push back. I found that out real quick on here!

I have many close friends who don't share my religious views. We do talk about it from time to time, but we are respectful of each others views and can still have fellowship of like minds because we agree on the big things. All Christians aren't from the same culture, and culture dictates how many of us look at, and move through life. I've read that there are in excess of 67 million Christians in China, and in excess of 380 million in Africa, and over 28 million in India. If you believe they hold the same social beliefs as you, we, I, do, we are delusional! Many of them live under communist or other oppressive political governments, but does that make them not followers of Christ? American Christians need a wake up call, but what are we willing to wake up to is the question? Most of the rights we hold dear as Americans have very little to do with being a Christian, but many American Christians equate them with righteousness!

Banned
    I will never give up rebuking Christians. I called out two popular radio evangelists last week for their appeasing stance on abortion. They never listen. I usually leave them with this thought. "You were warned! On the day you are judged I will be there to testify".
    The Bible tells us to challenge other Christians. Not non Christians. That is what I keep harping...this society is in its death throes because of Puke warm Christians. The ones that have allowed their children to be brainwashed by the godless public school teachers. (not all I know) Now those children are adults and they have nothing but contempt for every tradition every elder and Christianity in general.
    I have a friend who said one time "boy it's a good thing I'm not God"
    I had a thought the other day. If and when this country is lost and we are slaves of some hateful people ...folks will say "If only we did something...what could "I " do I'm only one person...
    Well the time is now. Brothers we have the ear of God. Pray. Pray for his Church. I Pray for God's Church on a regular basis. It is singularly the most important thing to pray about in our world.

Boolit Master

I asked if they quoted Scripture OR used words of hate. If their words are against the Bible then I would consider them hateful.
    There are many places in the Bible that guide us on the issues of abortion,homosexuality and hatred. If you oppose what is in the Bible you are wrong.

Boolit Master
    The world is full of people that say they are christian but sadly they are not. Look at all the junk on christian t.v.its sad. So many churches don't preach the word just some kind of watered down false gospel it's hard to find a good church.

wv..., I do not share your belief that the Bible is the definitive “word”(other than the 10 commandments or Jesus’ 3 commandments) I am not as well versed as many here on the readings of the Bible, but I do not recall specific references to abortion(which I do consider murder, and was not the point of my post), nor do I recall Jesus addressing homosexuality. Again, I am not at all well read regarding the Bible.

While I do not share your belief as mentioned, I respect it, and will not be so bold as to state that you are wrong. Hoefully, one day you and I can discuss this, face to face, in heaven.

NSB, Thundarstick, Flint45, and Traffer: Well said!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 468 View Post
    Why do you need a scriptural reference to support your opinion? Can’t you believe in something based on your own, personal beliefs and sensibilities?

I find it ironic you state you were looking for “fellowship”, then call other members of the site “baby haters”.
    I seek fellowship with conservative and Biblically sound Christians; not those deceived by satan.

That site has hundreds of thousands of members, including atheists, pagans, wickens, communists, etc.

They all wander into the political sub-forums and spout their nonsense. In the thread about Virginia's laws, it had morphed into how Donald Trump hated women because he defunded Planned Parenthood, there was an epic back and forth between three or four members who had "Lutheran" as their stated faith and a couple of non-denominational members. It's required in your info tab under your username.

The Lutheran church has largely now supported a woman's right to abortion. Abortion murders babies. Murder involves hatred. These Lutherans were vehemently supporting Planned Parenthood and abortion. Therefore, they obviously hate babies if they support the right to murder them.

So, do you disagree that people who support Planned Parenthood and abortion don't hate babies?

Or do you just have an issue with me calling out people for their beliefs and statements that go against Biblical standards and common morality?

I suspect your sense of irony is little more than your desire to belittle and attack me in a passive aggressive way. Ironically...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by NSB View Post
    I can't find anything in the Bible about concealed carry, leftists, or conservatives.

Don't be intentionally obtuse.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast