Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: K 31 suggestions ?

Banned

Question K 31 suggestions ?

Lucked into a minty K 31 set up for match shooting.

Looking for some midrange 100-300 yds, cast boolit suggestions. Dislike recoil !

Boolit Buddy
    Interested what people contribute here so I'll watch this thread. Main thing with this rifle is they've got a non existant throat so you have to select your boolit and seating depth around that.

I bought the NOE K31 mold specifically designed to mitigate that by having a unique taper to it, I believe accurate makes a very similar (or identical design) for the same purpose.

I have 40 loaded sized to .309 with 28.0 grains of Varget and enough dracon (~1.5 grains) to get up to 100% load density. I got the charge level from a post on here, and it was where I was going to start approximately anyways.

Haven't tested them yet though so I can't help much beyond that.

What does your bore slug at, I got .296/.307 slugging the muzzle and .299/.308 casting the chamber.

Also I see you're taking every chance you can get to show that beauty off.
    Last edited by Peregrine; 03-10-2019 at 10:33 AM.

A member of this forum gave me a hand full of bullets from his new Accurate mould which I think he designed for the K31. These were 180 grains more or less and performed beautifully in my K31, 1911 and 1895 Winchester .30-40.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Buddy
    Lee 312-160 sized to .309 with 24 grains of 3031 is quite accurate and mild shooting in my K31

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrch View Post
    Lee 312-160 sized to .309 with 24 grains of 3031 is quite accurate and mild shooting in my K31
    Is this a gas check boolit?

Moderator Emeritus
    There should be a bunch of posts here about reloading 7.5x55. Try a search and see if you find what you are looking for.

Boolit Master
    My best cast boolit for my K31 and K1911 is the Lee C312-185-1R sized .309", gas checked, lubed with Alox and loaded ahead of 14 grains of Unique to an overall length of 74MM. I cast my boolits out of old WWs, and drop them from the mould into a bucket of water.

This load shoots to the battle sights at 100 yards in all my Karbines.

Adam

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tejano View Post
    Is this a gas check boolit?
    Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    My K31 must have a medium throat compared to a short throat. I am having good luck with the Lyman 311413. I can seat this boolit to kiss the rifling and still keep the gas check in the neck of the cartridge. This combo will cycle perfectly and so far is showing promise in accuracy. The Lee 113 RF shoots great in my gun but won't cycle reliably. Any of the flat point boolits won't cycle in my particular rifle. The NOE K 31 boolit has too fat of a nose for my rifle and won't chamber. I am in the process of trying to nose size the NOE K31 but finding the sizer is becoming a problem

Boolit Buddy
    By the way that is a beautiful K31. Mine is a little more used looking but still a great rifle and a joy to shoot. The K31 gets a lot of attention at the range. And mine happens to have a great trigger at about 4.5 lbs and crisp as you can get.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm using The Load (16 gr. 2400) and the Arsenal 30 HVTH1 170 Grain LFN. I don't get any chambering issues with this, but I think Arsenal will customize your mold if you need a more narrow nose. I'm using a set of Mojo snap sights on mine as a poor man's version of those beautiful peep sights you've got on yours and I've been getting stellar accuracy out to 200 yards with this combo