MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
Wideners

Thread: Scope ID Help Needed

Boolit Master

Scope ID Help Needed

Just picked up a nice older scope at the local show and could use a little help with it. It's a fixed 4x32 Monoscope model 4420 made in Japan which I got with a set of .22 caliber Weaver rings for only $10.00. After cleaning it up the optics look great with nice clear glass. It's new home will be on a breakdown Franchi Anniversary .22 semi automatic rifle which has been asking me for a scope for about an year.
    Wondering if anybody know anything about the scope, couldn't find much with a quick internet search. The scope is nothing fancy but still was what the .22 needed. I'll try to post some pictures of it on it's new home.
    Thanks Ed

Boolit Grand Master

My best Google fu turned up possibilities of it being a private or short run scope, possibly imported by Herters in the 50’s and 60’s to compete with others in the US at a lower price point.

Either way, if it holds zero, and you’re happy; for $10, you didn’t go wrong.

Boolit Master
    I had to optically zero it using a mirror, both the elevation and windage were way off which seems to be normal for the used scopes I've bought at shows. Got it mounted up on the .22 and will run a few shots through it tomorrow to see how it works. Been told that the older Japan manufactured scopes are reliable which is why I bought this one. For ten dollars I've nothing to loose