Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Latest Venturino Article in Handloader

Boolit Buddy
    Re: his version of Lyman Cast Bullet handbook, Mike seems to like Varget a lot; other rifle powders not so much. I keep going back to an earlier handbook for options.

Venturino, however, is a pro. He always has some good info.
    Last edited by Jim22; 11-17-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    I take brian pearce's articles with a big grain of salt. It seems he writes about 6-8 articles/columns a month in a variety of Publications. Listing/shooting hundreds of loads for each cartridge. At the same time as he runs a big Cattle Ranch.
    He must be a man who needs no sleep. I spent the 3 summers of High School working a Ranch up near Fresno, CA. We had no time for shooting or much of anything else. Work from 0530hrs to 2000hrs.

Wonder how he manages it.

Speaking as someone who grew up in agriculture and specifically ranching... There is a huge difference between running a ranch and working a ranch. YMMV ...
    Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by savagetactical View Post
    Speaking as someone who grew up in agriculture and specifically ranching... There is a huge difference between running a ranch and working a ranch. YMMV ...
    Just an observation but I remember Brian Pearce relating in an article about spending an entire day from very early morning hours to well up in the evening casting bullets he planned to use for the year. He undoubtedly had an idea what articles he had planned and could prepare accordingly. Also he would undoubtedly have an archive of loads he has tried and used through different firearms so it's not like he is starting from zero with each article. I like his articles and usually find more I like than ones that don't interest me.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567