Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: some blackout sucess

Banned

some blackout sucess

was looking for a super sonic 130 cast load to use as practice to replace 130 jacketed for hunting. I had 4 different molds I tried. A hp two round nose and a flat point. Non really ran a 100 percent. The RCBS 82022 130 pointed gas check mold was suggested to me. Wasn't easy to find one. Everywhere seemed to be sold out but I looked long enough and found one. casted some out of 5050 ww/mono (I wanted them hard to eliminate dragging on the ramp but I will try softer later on) gas checked and pc coated. Load was 19 grains of wc297 and a fed std rifle primer. Before this I did do some polishing of the ramp and had thrown in a slightly heavier h1 buffer at the suggestion of someone here. Ran 3 mags (magpul specific 300 bo mags) through the gun as fast as I could shoot and reload and they ran like butter. Kind of breathed a sigh of relief as I had casted coated and sized about a 1000 of them. Now ive got about 2k of the bullets that didn't work that I stupidly did the same with to melt back down.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it is my understanding that PC bullets do not require gas checks. Anyway, thanks for the post. Will be looking to build a load to replace my 135ftx loads

Banned

they don't probably need them to prevent leading with pc. but you will about allways get better accuracy with a gas checked bullet especially if your pushing it over 1400fps. I would like the same mold in a plain base to try though. Even if it only shot 4 inch groups at 50 yards it would be plenty good enough for hammering steel and cheaper to make. I still have a plain based 130 lachmiller round nose mold that I want to try again. Last time it didn't run a 100percent but did better then the other bullets I tried and I found when I got home that a lot of my trouble was probably do to filth that blew back becasuse I had the suppressor on for a couple hundred rounds before I got to them. that and like I said I changed the buffer and did some polishing on the feed ramp since. The 155 lyman seems to run well too but that too is a gas checked bullet and a bit heavier then I ideally want for this gun.