Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: sig 210

Boolit Master

sig 210

anyone have any luck getting one; and what kind of time frame was the wait for one?

Boolit Master

I know a guy that bought a new "made in USA" P 210 a couple months ago. Not sure how long he waited for it, but got the impression it wasn't long. It Started having problems with fail to extract shortly after. He sent it back to Sig, they put a new extractor in it. Problem didn't go away.
    I always wanted one, but after shooting his I don't like the grips and, considering the price I'm not impressed with the trigger either. Some pistols can make anyone shot better, I think the P210 shoots great but magnifies any shortcomings the shooter may have.

Boolit Master
    I assume they are built in batches. A couple months ago many online vendors had them for sale. A couple local shops got one in at about the same time. I haven’t seen any lately. If interested I call SIG and see what they say.

Boolit Buddy
    I am waiting for one. salesman at my LGS said their Sig rep advised that another batch is coming in June. I can wait.

Boolit Buddy
    I saw one at the gun store today, didn't ask to handle it (I don't like to be the guy who asks to handle a $2k firearm I know I have no intention of buying) but i'll tell you just at a glance I wasn't impressed.

Sig USA is real garbage, if you guy's aren't aware the CEO of Sigarms is one Ron Cohen. He was formerly the CEO of Kimber, and had brought their model of cutting costs while getting by on the strength of the name to maximize profits to Sig.

Sig USA simply doesn't deserve any of the reputation that Sig proper has earned over the decades, and they are doing their ****edest to get every penny out of the name before people clue in that the quality just isn't there any more.

In my opinion this is downright tragic, since the 210 is an easy contender for the top spot of the best service pistol ever issued, but we're not talking about the same sig anymore and can't fall for their trick of extorting a premium price from a new "value manufactured" copy of what was the real deal.

If you really want a 210, find a real one. You'll pay more but there's a reason for that.

Boolit Buddy
    I did get to handle one at my LGS that was already spoken for. price was $1700. a vintage 210 would be 3k or more.