WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex Trebek

Boolit Master

Alex Trebek

Alex Trebek, who has hosted the Jeopardy! game show since 1984, announced Wednesday that he has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

You may have seen this in the news yesterday. I am not a fan of "Jeopardy". Mr. Trebek has done well for himself hosting the program for 35 years. However I find it remarkably and refreshing that he wants to beat this fatal & most dreaded cancer... he then asked for our prayers. That is astonishing to me and something came to mind; what if we all did pray for him and he was healed....? Would that not give us that did so, a giant leap of faith? So I ask those that believe in the power of prayer to pray for him....

Boolit Bub
    Already have and will do again! He is a class act and wanted to deliver the news himself so it would not get misrepersented from what I understand.

Vendor Sponsor

excellent suggestion Wally...stage 4 pancreatic cancer has a less than 10% 5 year survival rate.. so yes it should be a giant show and result of faith if he were to make it over 5 years
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Prayer given and will continue . Thank you in asking for him .
    No turning back , No turning back !

in Remebrance
    Prayers sent and ongoing. Maybe someone knows how to share this prayer drive with him.I can say that a heavy load was lifted from my shoulders when I learned that others, total strangers, were praying for me. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Buddy
    And old girlfriend of mine modeled and did some minor acting which lead to a job on the set of jeopardy. We got to meet him, he was an absolute Gentleman in the most classic of terms, and you could tell by the people who clearly worked with him that that was the norm. If he doesn’t make it out of this he wil leave a legacy of being a fine fine man.

Boolit Master
    Glad that I thought of it. What moved me to "do something" is that Alax Trebek asked for prayers...to me that was absolutely amazing. I wish I could say that I was saintly and overly-religious.... Lets just say that I'd not be to first to pick up a rock and cast any stones. I have/will pray for him and plead with the Almighty to show those that are "tuned in" His healing power and the power of prayer.

Recently I watched a movie on Netflix that I thought was outstanding.....and I don't like many movies...for those that might have some interest, perhaps you might want to watch it (the title clues you in as to the subject).... Conversations with God.

Banned

I've always liked Jeopardy and Alex Trebek, just curious why everyone is so surprised he's asked for prayer, has he ever been an outspoken atheist or something? Seems a natural thing to do for someone who just got that kind of news.

Pancreatic cancer is terrible and pretty much always fatal. Prayers for Alex Trebek.

Boolit Master

He's part of the pop culture some of us grew up with, my kids included.
    Whatever his politics, I'll pray for his recovery...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    I've always liked Jeopardy and Alex Trebek, just curious why everyone is so surprised he's asked for prayer, has he ever been an outspoken atheist or something? Seems a natural thing to do for someone who just got that kind of news.

Pancreatic cancer is terrible and pretty much always fatal. Prayers for Alex Trebek.
    Other celebrities, who have been given bad news about their health, have ever asked. By asking one is stating they have faith and believe in the power of prayer. That has motivated me to participate and ask others so inclined to do so.

Prayer sent.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

My Wife and i had already put him on our prayer list - He is a descent man in a world that is not so descent anymore
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Praying for Alex.

Boolit Master

Pancreatic cancer took my dad in 2005 at age 74. It was very fast spreading.

Prayers for Alex Trebek.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Buddy
    Prayers up

Boolit Buddy
    My wife and l have prayed for Alex.. 0ver the years its taken many high profiles.. Leonard Nemoy, Steve Jobs, Patrick Swazey are some that come to mind.
    We went to a funeral Sat in Lexington SC for a friend taken by cancer... Always sad to see families grieve. Ron isn't sad tho. He is with God now. No more pain or sorrow. An interesting thing the Pastor did was read from Ron's personal BIBLE. Worn and tattered as it was he said, ''lf your Bible is falling apart, likely you are OK Spiritually... lf your Bible looks brand new, you might need a little Spiritual help''

Boolit Master

Prayers for Alex here too. I certainly appreciate a person who is outspoken like this when in need. I know that faith and belief in the one true God will absolutely move the hand of God.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Prayers here for “Alex”. Thanks for him “humbly” asking and this site making his request known.

Boolit Master
    Alex is still with us and undergoing chemo treatment. He was on GMA yesterday and seems to be doing well.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...g-well-1206376

USMC 77, USRA 79

Prayers sent...
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast