MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Points now Worthless

Boolit Master

Cabela's Points now Worthless

I needed 10 MTM ammo boxes and had $20 in Cabela's Points which should have cut the cost in half. They used to be $3.99, a few pennies over the $3.84 list price, they are now almost TWICE List Price at $6.99. Almost 3 TIMES THE COST at LA Police Gear.

The quality clothes are Gone. No more tall sizes. Time to get rid of their credit card too.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Moderator Emeritus

I agree about Cabela's.

Hint: Natchez has the "Hinged" plastic ammo boxes (by smart reloader) 50 rd and 100 rd, on clearance for around a buck each...but they are Pink/black. When I placed my order a few days ago, they only had 357m and 41m/44m left
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

First Herter's went away , then Sears and Western Auto , now Cabela's !
    Soon it will be nothing but Amazon and the net...What a shame.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Yes, Cabelas quality went down to Bass Pro rather than Bass Pro going up to Cabelas.

Boolit Master

Order them from Midsouth, they have their hinged boxes pretty cheap.
    https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...&currentpage=1
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Vendor Sponsor

When there about 1 month ago.. checked the website for meat lugs .. yes in stock
    drove 40 miles to find out no meat lugs in stock .. store had been totally rearranged with 1/5 th the store now fishing gear
    and yes the clothes are now cheap made not Cabela's quality.. doubt I will go there anymore
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    First Herter's went away , then Sears and Western Auto , now Cabela's !
    Soon it will be nothing but Amazon and the net...What a shame.
    Don't know about Herter's or Western Auto but Sears knew 30 years ago this March that things we're going south and did almost nothing about it. I was working part time in Division 9 the tool department.

In Remembrance

Cabela's in Triadelphia, WV has gone down hill very bad also. No reason for me to drive 1.5 hours.

Boolit Master

Mentioned this post to my son this afternoon. He buys enough supplies in his building business on the Cabela's card and pays it off every month to account for 1000's of $ in free stuff from Cabelas. Says he's got the equivalent of $2500 in cash now and plans to buy a couple of nice guns. Probably not what Cabelas had in mind with there offer but that's what it is and he's taking advantage of it.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

My last order from Cabelas was packed by an idiot. They zip tie the actions on lever guns closed. I am not buying a gun that I can't fully inspect. Their prices are crazy also. I think that I am done with Cabelas.

Boolit Master
    Sorry about your points, but the best ammo boxes are the ones sold by Dillon. It’s not even close. You can drop a loaded box from waist high onto concrete and it will survive. And they aren’t very expensive. They’re the only Dillon product I own.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    Mentioned this post to my son this afternoon. He buys enough supplies in his building business on the Cabela's card and pays it off every month to account for 1000's of $ in free stuff from Cabelas. Says he's got the equivalent of $2500 in cash now and plans to buy a couple of nice guns. Probably not what Cabelas had in mind with there offer but that's what it is and he's taking advantage of it.
    If it's a Classic Cabela's card with 1% back he can get more money and get it in Cash too. Capitol One has made it impossible for me to use their web site. They REQUIRE a text to be sent to a cell phone and there is No Cell Service Here. I spent over an hour on the phone and there Is No Solution.

Remember when you called Cabela's Club and a nice person in the Midwest had you all fixed up in minutes?
    Mal

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45 View Post
    Sorry about your points, but the best ammo boxes are the ones sold by Dillon. It’s not even close. You can drop a loaded box from waist high onto concrete and it will survive. And they aren’t very expensive. They’re the only Dillon product I own.
    Too late. While you were typing I was buying the same MTM boxes that were $6.99 at Cabela's for $2.99 from Natchez. Those Dillon look good though and pennies more than MTM. Look similar but not the same mold/manufacturer. Thanks!
    Mal

Bass Pro has ruined Cabelas in many different ways
    Wont deal on used guns
    Raised prices
    most bargain caves are gone
    They may be good at fishing but really are terrible at selling guns and hunting supplies
    I am one gun away from happy

Bass Pro and Cabela's draw air thru a straw. It'll take a sizable gift card from someone to get me in either one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by white cloud View Post
    My last order from Cabelas was packed by an idiot. They zip tie the actions on lever guns closed. I am not buying a gun that I can't fully inspect. Their prices are crazy also. I think that I am done with Cabelas.
    I was in the Garner, NC Cabelas a couple of weeks ago watching a guy get a gun that had been shipped there. The counter person pulled it from the box and to my surprise it was also zip tied. I thought it odd but figured that was how they were shipped. The Cabelas guy cut it, worked the action then handed it to the buyer for inspection. The guns behind the counter were not zip tied. One thing they did do that irritated me for some reason was put in a ticket thing. Take a number then hang around staring at the the screen for yours to come up. If they are going to do that then they should put the screens all over the store so you can look elsewhere and come back when yours is up. All I wanted was a box of primers.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    If it's a Classic Cabela's card with 1% back he can get more money and get it in Cash too. Capitol One has made it impossible for me to use their web site. They REQUIRE a text to be sent to a cell phone and there is No Cell Service Here. I spent over an hour on the phone and there Is No Solution.

Remember when you called Cabela's Club and a nice person in the Midwest had you all fixed up in minutes?
    Authentication is getting pretty common. Go online, sign into a sight and they send a code to your phone which you have to enter to get into them. My Credit Union(s) do this as an option for extra security, I think Yahoo mail does it and Coinbase (bitcoin) also does it.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Jon P, you had to take a number and wait in line to get a box of primers? Wow. LGS might be higher, but I didn’t have to wait, just pulled the primers off the shelf, paid the man, done. Guess we lucky down here, at least we still have a few LGS in business. Plus, on a recent driving trip to Kentucky, the few Cabelas I passed, the parking lots were almost deserted! I don’t deal with them anymore.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

I'll pile on. I have one about 20 minutes away. Was good store, now with BP owning, prices up 20 to 50 percent on all supplies.
    I don't do credit cards, but had a cabelas rewards card that worked well. Same points as CC. Use as discount on purchase. They even retroactively applied to my new account the points for my tractor I so ignorantly bought a couple of months before the stopped selling them, but that was a nice discount on supplies.
    Fast forward to yesterday, mail from BP with new card to replace the old cabelas. Earn less, and they send a voucher at 500 point level. ($10 credits) No immediate use of balance.
    Nope, garbage. Rather stop at academy and save 10 minutes drive time. Or internet.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Cabela's was going downhill long before the merger/take over by Bass Pro. Prices going up and quality down. Selection in the store horrible, they even did away with the no questions replacement/money back guarantee. I think it started downhill when the brother's sold the business and it went public. The bean counters took over and will eventually kill it completely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast