Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Hi Point customer service

Moderator Emeritus

Hi Point customer service

From Hi Point's Facebook page (posted yesterday).

Hi-Point Firearms

How many rounds of 45 can you fit in the barrel of a 4595TS?

Well this guy managed to squeeze 35 rounds in there.

When he called stating he was having accuracy issues he had no idea the rounds had not left the barrel.
    After receiving his carbine in we discovered the issue, rebareled his 4595TS and sent it back to him.

Hows that for customer service?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	receiver end.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	237522Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Muzzle end.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	237523
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Banned
    That's crazy

Super Moderator

Yeah, that would explain the "accuracy issues" all right. A friend of mine lodged 7 bullets in a S&W 686+ and I thought was that was a bit much. 35 rounds is over the top!
    Last edited by ShooterAZ; 03-07-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    just go to show, those who own a hi point do not expect much except noise

Boolit Master

He's lucky the carbine did not blow apart. I had a squib in my 1095. I had enough common sense to check the bore after the weak report from the round going off.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Grand Master

That's just crazy! Their customer service sound great though.
    Charter Member #148

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

My BIL has a 45 pistol which he took apart to clean when things did not go right he came to see me. Well he did something to it trying to put it back together he is very heavy handed and with it did not drop into place he made it and told me metal shavings would fall out the side when he racked the slide back.
    As I was looking at it I noticed a crack in the front of the frame I have since found out that seems to be a weak point for them. I contacted the Hi Point and was told to ship everything back which I did. They replace the gun and I asked for the old mag to get shipped back if possible. I was told the new pistol would come with two new mags and I may get the old one also.
    Well the pistol came in it had one mag I email them and was told I was misinformed but they would send me a extra mag.
    As far as service I sent the gun in and as soon as tracking said it was there I called to make sure. The guy looked at the gun while I was on the phone and told me a new pistol would be on the was in a day or two and he needed a FFL to ship to as soon as they had that info the pistol was on the way back with no problems as far as the mag that was not a big deal but they are sending one on their dime. For a cheap pistol they treat you well.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Banned
    If I was HiPoint, I would have refunded his money and said he didn't need a gun.

I can imagine the blow by in his face, the pressure of each shot had to go somewhere.

Boolit Master

Last fall on Election day i went into a gun shop after voting there was a HiPoint 45 carbine on the rack The bolt hold open was not in it so i could not look at the bore. I bought it and took it home to clean and noticed right off a thick black grease that smelled like solder flux in the bore . Pushing that out i then found a LOT of rust the bore was rusted so bad rifling was gone in places . I may be wrong but suspect someone sabotaged the gun on purpose i had it back within two hours and the owner ordered another for me.
    I have been quite happy with it i shoot all castboolits though it and it will make a ragged one hole at 25 yards with most loads. I still have not killed anything with it I would like to get a coyote in the sights!
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

The blowback action saved his stupid head from EXTERNAL injuries- inside his head is a pre existing condition.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Just wow- made me think of the time some guys next to me at the range couldn’t figure out why there .22lr cartridges wouldn’t work- they were attempting to fire them in a full stocked ruger 77 chambered for .222!

A always throw in my buddy Big D in any Hi-Point thread- he’s the guy you all know someone like- very big guy very smart guy has lots of tools and toys and uses them hard- happier with something after he breaks it and “modifies” it. His go bag that’s always in the truck has a hi-point 9mm pistol
    And carbine and 6 or 7 mags- says it’s the only thing he owns that he can’t break- he took in a very large stray mutt of a dog who had terrible mainge - made a set of saddle bags and a scabbard out of heavy canvas so the dog could haul the carbine, more for a laugh than anything but it all worked! If he can’t break the hi-points anyone else would be hard pressed. He’s owned both for as long as I’ve known him and I’ve seen them digest piles of brass with out a hitch!

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    The blowback action saved his stupid head from EXTERNAL injuries- inside his head is a pre existing condition.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    YUP! You beat me to it.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Grand Master

1) shows how strong the Hi Point designs are
    2) Not surprised at the customer service. I bought a pistol off someone for $25 that had been bubba'd. Figured out what was missing, called Beeman's and in a few days had the parts free of charge.

They may not be pretty but they are tough, work and the customer service is second to none
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

I like Nagantguy's friends idea. Every vehicle should have one and a set of jumper cables.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nagantguy View Post
    Just wow- made me think of the time some guys next to me at the range couldn’t figure out why there .22lr cartridges wouldn’t work- they were attempting to fire them in a full stocked ruger 77 chambered for .222!

A always throw in my buddy Big D in any Hi-Point thread- he’s the guy you all know someone like- very big guy very smart guy has lots of tools and toys and uses them hard- happier with something after he breaks it and “modifies” it. His go bag that’s always in the truck has a hi-point 9mm pistol
    And carbine and 6 or 7 mags- says it’s the only thing he owns that he can’t break- he took in a very large stray mutt of a dog who had terrible mainge - made a set of saddle bags and a scabbard out of heavy canvas so the dog could haul the carbine, more for a laugh than anything but it all worked! If he can’t break the hi-points anyone else would be hard pressed. He’s owned both for as long as I’ve known him and I’ve seen them digest piles of brass with out a hitch!
    They is a guy who posted a video online showing him trying to kill a Hi-Point pistol. he did pretty much everything to it including shooting it and it still worked.

I found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpZdUgBzh7Y
    There are others out there but this one was fairly entertaining though.

Banned

gave my neighbors son a 40 I got for free. Don't know how many rounds before I got it went through it but I probably put 2k through it and over a 5 year period I have no clue how many the kid put through it but about every couple weeks he would bring me back a coffee can of brass. If I had to guess id say round count was north of 50k on that gun. It started to misfeed and the bolt kind of felt sloppy so we pulled it down the ramps the bolt slid on were wore down. Sent it back to them and about 2 weeks later a brand new gun and 3 mags showed up at the door. talk about bang for the buck. A free gun that saw 50k of ammo that cost nothing but powder and primers and replaced by another brand new one to start over along with 3 more mags. Ya there ugly. But that one was plenty accurate and as cheap as they are I can honestly say I would trust one to protect my family. Dillon like customer service at lee prices.

Boolit Grand Master

Ya there ugly. But that one was plenty accurate and as cheap as they are I can honestly say I would trust one to protect my family.

I've got no problem with either the carbine or any of their pistols being what I have to defend my family.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    If I was HiPoint, I would have refunded his money and said he didn't need a gun.

I can imagine the blow by in his face, the pressure of each shot had to go somewhere.
    Sure looks like all the bullets are lead so most likely they are reloads and since the first one was a squib and the gun didn't blow up on the next 34 rounds I'd say they were all low pressure almost duds.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

I imagine a chore boy will take that leading right on out.
    MC-130J Driver
    Former T-6A Texan II Driver
    FAIP Mafia
    Hook 'em all