MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: New powder?

Boolit Buddy

New powder?

Got my bandleader mag. On back page add for Shooters World Propellant anybody heard of this?

Boolit Master

Yes, been around for bit now. I use their Buffalo bore which is equivalent to 5744 for half the price. They also have Reloader 7 equivalent (which i use alot of) but havent tried. Their powders are rebranded Lovex Powders from Czech. They have a good selection of everything to cover most of the bases.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

loveruger, Spell check has a problem with the magazine you're referring to (Don't ask!). However, if you spell it as Hand Loader, it will show up correctly.

Boolit Buddy
    Havent tried Shootes World yet but I've been playing around with Vectan powders which so far seem to be working as well as other major brands for much less. Around $15 for 1.1lb (0.5 kg)

Boolit Master

I have had good results with their Ultimate Pistol in most everything from 32 Long to 45 acp. I also use their Socom powder with many cast rifle loads.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    Yes, been around for bit now. I use their Buffalo bore which is equivalent to 5744 for half the price.

k
    I want to try that Buffalo Rifle powder. The big Tulsa gunshow is coming up soon, if I can't get it there I'll order some from Powder Valley.

Boolit Buddy
    i move over to shooter's world powder. i use their buffalo rifle in place of 5744, precision rifle in place of varget/4895, and clean shot in place of titegroup.

I use a lot of Clean Shot and Ultimate meters great and shoots clean no complaints here.

Boolit Buddy
    Hi All,

I have used their Match Rifle powder for 223. 308 &30-06 using jacked bullets. Shoots clean & as well as well as the more expensive powders.
    Their published data at the site is limited. I'm sure it's close to the burning speed of other like powders.
    Start low & be safe,

broom

Boolit Master

I am using sbr-socom and blackout and it is good powder and was priced better , will get more when needed .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    loveruger, Spell check has a problem with the magazine you're referring to (Don't ask!). However, if you spell it as Hand Loader, it will show up correctly.
    I don't know if all computers do this but if you put your cursor on the word(s), and right click, you can add HandLoader to your dictionary.

I've got my settings to only indicate when it thinks that I've misspelled a word or words, not change it.
    John
    W.TN

Thumbs up

Thanks for that, John!

Shooters World (Lovex) powders work very well for me and at a good price. I've used Auto Pistol, Buffalo Rifle and Blackout so far but they won't be the last. Gp

Quote Originally Posted by loveruger View Post
    Got my bandleader mag. On back page add for Shooters World Propellant anybody heard of this?
    LoveRuger,

I've tried Shooters World (Lovex's) Blackout and Match Rifle powders. At popular prices they aren't half bad.
    Do I plan to replenish my supply of those powders when the last bit is used up? Probably not. I simply didn't find them to be quite as "wonderful" as the hype and inter'web chatter seemed to indicate they supposed to be.
    So, IMHO, they were okay, but really not all that much better than just okay.

GC

Banned
    I'll stick with the tried and true powders of my childhood.

Tried the clean shot & major powders .clean shot very similar to tite group & meters great. Tried major in my SBH 44 mag with the infamous 429421 "keith" bullet powder coated over 15.0 gr major had 4 holes out of 5 touching each other at just shy of 25 yards from the bench. Not too shabby for a 1978 SBH with unknown round count & $40 red dot sight !
    Before you break into my house stand outside and get right with Jesus tell him you're on your way!!