Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noticing more people carrying in my area.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    70° here yesterday and I was riding around with both windows down on the truck blasting the best of Alice Cooper out for the benefit of all the Millennials in traffic lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Awesome!
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Grand Master

We no longer depend on Barney Fife to protect us. It's a personal responsibility that many recognize. This isn't your grandads world anymore.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by white cloud View Post
    Perfect! When my jeans/shorts go on in the morning my J frame S&W is in my pocket. If you watch the local news around here you realize there is some really scary stuff going on. Even the pinkos around are arming up.
    Out of several carry guns I have the J frame is my favorite. Looks like keys in my pocket in an Unkle Mike’s neoprene holster. Concealed carry is a felony in NM in any store that sells alcoholic beverages. NM is becoming very anti 2A. Actually, that is incorrect. Albuquerque and Santa Fe are anti. Pretty much the rest of the state is rural or semi rural and very pro gun.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

Yesterday it was nice out. And there was some woman out practicing. Good to see folks using their firearms. A lot buy them and never fire them.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    Wife and I both got in some practice yesterday. We took turns with a Smith air weight and a Ruger SP101. Using .38 special +P in both. Those snubbies are NOT my favorite type of firearm, but they get the job done and are easily concealable.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlofPa. View Post
    Do you mean york county Pa? I was at the fair grounds to see Alice Copper this summer. Had the time of my life. The old guy didn't miss a beat.
    yes sir, America's first capital. i'm just south of town near lake redman. still a nice place to raise your kids, but getting darker all the time.

Boolit Master

Same here in the coal regions. It's becoming a little Philly.
    One round at a time.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    I was not even very interested in firearms until a few years ago, when it started to look like I may never be able to buy any type of firearm. It was then that I applied for a permit to purchase, and then bought my first handgun. A short time after that I realized that if I own it, I might as well be carrying it, so I got a carry permit. Considering what is going on out in D.C. right now, I will guess there are a lot of people with the same mindset I had just a few years ago.
    And you're in Iowa? When did the laws change out there? I got my first carry gun and concealed carry permit when I lived in Grinnell, IA in 1994. I bought a S&W 686 with a 4" barrel from the local WalMart. I didn't have to apply for a permit to buy it.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    And you're in Iowa? When did the laws change out there? I got my first carry gun and concealed carry permit when I lived in Grinnell, IA in 1994. I bought a S&W 686 with a 4" barrel from the local WalMart. I didn't have to apply for a permit to buy it.
    At that time, I didn't know that a carry permit was all that I needed to not only purchase a firearm but also to carry.

Boolit Master

At that time, I didn't know that a carry permit was all that I needed to not only purchase a firearm but also to carry.
    Again, are you saying that Iowa now requires either a CCW or some sort of official permit to purchase a firearm?

If so, then they have slid further into leftism than I thought. I mean, I knew that the Fudds, farmers, and union thugs out there were solidly democrat, but never figured they would fall for the gun control nonsense. Guess I was wrong.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Arkansas is a ccw state, but there is a law that says you can open carry, there's a lot of controversy over it, because it very vague! But I see a lot people open carry, and some look shady to me, I seen a kid the other day that is a none pedafile, and I though why in the world does have a pistol. This town is a tourist trap, with mostly retired folks, but dang the drugs are terrible, and the thugs are multiplying daily. The panhandlers are so bad that the city passed and ordnance to prevent them from hanging around, but that got shot down because it infringed on there rights, there was a big story about it on the news, I think little rock went the same thing. And the crack heads are out in the county to, so there is no place safe around here. Almost once a month I have close encounters with these hood rats, the Spanish folks keep to themselves, most of them are hard workers, but what about the next generation of them!

Boolit Master

Again, are you saying that Iowa now requires either a CCW or some sort of official permit to purchase a firearm?

If so, then they have slid further into leftism than I thought. I mean, I knew that the Fudds, farmers, and union thugs out there were solidly democrat, but never figured they would fall for the gun control nonsense. Guess I was wrong.
    Holy cow! Iowa does now require a permit signed off on by the local Chief of Police or Sheriff to buy a handgun! Wow! Another reason to never set foot in that state again...

https://firearms.uslegal.com/purchas...firearms-iowa/

Iowa Constitution does not directly address the peoples’ right to bear arms. However, Article 1, Section 1 of the Iowa Constitution does guarantee certain inalienable rights such as defending life and protecting property. Iowa state permit is not required to purchase a shotgun, or rifle. Under Iowa Code Section 724.15, a permit is required to purchase a handgun. The buyer should be 21 years or older to apply for a permit. The permit becomes valid three days after the date of application, and is valid for one year. A single permit can be used to purchase more than one handgun. Under 724.16, if a person acquires a handgun without a permit is considered guilty of an aggravated misdemeanor.

Following type of handguns does not require a permit:

antique handguns manufactured before 1898,
    handguns not capable of being readily restored to a firing condition,
    a handgun designated a collector’s item by the commissioner of public safety,
    handgun that transfers between relatives within the second degree of consanguinity or affinity, or
    by a holder of a handgun carrying permit.
    Under Section 724.17, an application for a permit to purchase a handgun should be made to the sheriff of the county of the applicant’s residence. The application should be in a form prescribed and published by the commissioner of public safety.

The application should state:

the full name of the applicant,
    the driver’s license or nonoperator’s identification card number of the applicant,
    the residence of the applicant, and
    the age of the applicant.
    The sheriff will conduct a criminal history check of each applicant by obtaining criminal history data from the Department of Public Safety. It is a class D felony to give false statement of material fact on the application. The applicant will also have to display an identification card that bears a distinguishing number assigned to the cardholder, the full name, date of birth, sex, residence address, and brief description and colored photograph of the cardholder, or other identification as specified by rule of the department of public safety.

Boolit Master
    I think some are jumping the gun. some states wave the back round check or waiting period if you have a ccw.they fell if you pasted a ccw check then buying a gun should be no problem.

Boolit Master

Pacification through force.
    Don't be a victim.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bob208 View Post
    I think some are jumping the gun. some states wave the back round check or waiting period if you have a ccw.they fell if you pasted a ccw check then buying a gun should be no problem.
    Exactly!!! I have purchased many firearms in the last 4 years. Just show my CC permit and drivers license, fill out some papers, and walk out the door with a new gun in my possession.

Boolit Master

Exactly!!! I have purchased many firearms in the last 4 years. Just show my CC permit and drivers license, fill out some papers, and walk out the door with a new gun in my possession.
    Seriously? You don't have any problem with your constitutional rights being eroded even further for absolutely no reason?

You certainly are a good little subject. I'm sure your emperor appreciates your lack of outrage at your God-given rights being trampled on.

Just wow...

Boolit Master

We have no waiting period in Pa. But now some registration bill is in the works. 10.00 per year per gun. I hope it don't pass. It will expensive for us who have large gun collections.
    One round at a time.

Boolit Master
    Seriously? You don't have any problem with your constitutional rights being eroded even further for absolutely no reason?

You certainly are a good little subject. I'm sure your emperor appreciates your lack of outrage at your God-given rights being trampled on.

Just wow...
    Idaho, playing devil's advocate will get you nowhere. The laws we adhere to in Iowa are FEDERAL laws. My concealed carry permit shows that I have passed the NICS background check. You may want to double check the laws that Idaho adheres to. And don't try to tell me that Idaho doesn't have to meet the same federal background check.

Boolit Master
    Ky has constitutional carry, signed into law last week, if you can buy a handgun legally, you can carry openly or concealed! We also passed a law 2 years ago, that no new federal gun control laws will be legal in KY! I will still have my CCW, due to other states recognizing it, and the quick in and out when I choose to buy a gun here in KY. I shoot one of my handguns nearly every day, from 4 shots to 15, revolver or pistol. It keeps me in pretty good shape to defend myself if I ever need to. I also shoot one or more rifles everyday, from .22=45/70, mostly off hand, from 75 =150 yds, since I am retired now. I have a 150 yd range into my field, and my neighbors when asked if my shooting doesn't get on their nerves, usually state" Nah, it keeps the rif raf away, no door to door salesman to deal with, and we know if we need help, their is a well armed capable man that will come arunning when needed. It sure is good to live here in the Bible belt, on the Ky/Tenn line area, where most people are God fearing, but will kill you at the drop of a hat if you step out of line, and most folks know that, and like it that way.

Boolit Master
    I live east of Raleigh but in the same county. This past week at breakfast in the grill on main street I saw a SAA, SRH, and 1911 open carry. Don't know about concealed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123