RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Noticing more people carrying in my area.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Drugs, the absence of institutions for mentally ill, illegals and just bad people are all responsible for increased crime in certain areas. Way out here in the sticks, depending on law enforcement is a fatal plan.
    Law enforcement can be as much as 30 minutes away out here in the sticks, but a .357 can travel at over 1,000 feet per second.

Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    If you go through the steps needed to acquire a carry permit, and you own a concealable handgun, why do you NOT carry? I've heard many different excuses, but that is all they are. Just excuses.
    Unfortunately, I cannot carry when I go to work in the city. I work in a secure building and have to clear security. Once I am inside I feel safe, since you would need a truck bomb to get in and even then you would be met with some very determined rifle fire from guys who train all the time. Coming and going I am a soft target and not happy about it.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

My wife and I have had our CCP for almost 20 years now. Our community was very safe back then but it is entirely different now. We now have gangs in our town and kids going through neighborhoods stealing anything in unlocked cars. My wife is finally carrying when ever she goes out. The border crisis is real and it needs to be fixed.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by marek313 View Post
    I wish I could carry ..... thank you NJ for that. Man I cant wait to get the hell out of this sucky state
    All I can say is I moved from there after 57 years two years ago and I am HAPPY!

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I look at my carry gun just like american express don't leave home without it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RED BEAR View Post
    I like that Red Bear.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

I don't advertise that I carry (or even that I've got a permit) but, since last spring, I've had a half-dozen individuals...two of whom I would've doubted even owned a gun...ask me about the procedure for obtaining a CCL simply because I'm the only 'serious' shooter they know. Could be "Times they are a'changin…"

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    Got my CWP around 10 years ago and have carried daily since. Although I’ve occasionally carried something larger, my SW 642 is always in my pocket, or in its mattresses holster at night.

To me, not carrying is like the feeling that I get if I remove my seatbelt in a moving car. I don’t expect a car crash, or a violent attack in the next minute, but either one could happen without warning, anywhere.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

all states should have constitutional carry, applaud Kentucky recently.
    Last edited by Hi-Speed; 03-06-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Boolit Master
    awhile back a store keeper said the town chief of police not to worry about a hold up every one in town carried.

Boolit Grand Master
    Crime and drugs getting bad here. Tourist getting attacked all the time in Waikiki. Roving gangs of homeless kids. Most older people no longer take walks alone. Homeless taking over sidewalks and parks . Cars and homes being broken into everyday. But the government says nothing. We do not have any kind of carry. it always comes up, but never passes. damacrat state. Just because a state, or county has CCW, doesn't mean everyone is carrying. The crooks know it, so it serves a great deterrent. I just don't see a problem with CCW. We need to ask why anyone would be against giving a person the tools to protect themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by RED BEAR View Post
    Perfect! When my jeans/shorts go on in the morning my J frame S&W is in my pocket. If you watch the local news around here you realize there is some really scary stuff going on. Even the pinkos around are arming up.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by white cloud View Post
    Perfect! When my jeans/shorts go on in the morning my J frame S&W is in my pocket. If you watch the local news around here you realize there is some really scary stuff going on. Even the pinkos around are arming up.
    I found a pocket holster that fits the 642 very nice. With just a little practice, I learned how to pull the gun and leave the holster right in my pocket.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm seeing it around here too. I could say a lot more but...............

Boolit Master
    I was not even very interested in firearms until a few years ago, when it started to look like I may never be able to buy any type of firearm. It was then that I applied for a permit to purchase, and then bought my first handgun. A short time after that I realized that if I own it, I might as well be carrying it, so I got a carry permit. Considering what is going on out in D.C. right now, I will guess there are a lot of people with the same mindset I had just a few years ago.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 725 View Post
    Millions of illegals have to live somewhere. When is America going to realize this is an invasion, and it's purposeful? Even if your "new friends" aren't illegals, the addition of millions of new residents must cause a population shift.

History repeats itself ...
    Good Judgment comes from Experience, Experience comes from Bad Judgment !

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    They must not be "carrying concealed" too well if everybody is noticing . . . .they either need to look at themselves in the mirror before they leave home or they want to be "noticed". Personally, I carry so it doesn't look like I'm wearing a "billboard" to advertise it. Just sayin' . . . .

Boolit Master
    in york county we are getting ghetto people moving into section 8. the muslim in chief ordered a change in section 8 reimbursement in 2012 that caused buy up of inexpensive housing in rural areas and included a program deliberately designed to inflict urban types on formerly safe small towns. i live 5 miles away from the nearest small town, so it's not in my front 40, but it is getting into the school systems. i'm not so much worried about having to shoot someone, but am worried about my grandson seeing crack and 50 cent fellatio in school bathrooms. it's an urban lifestyle, and acclimating urbans to country is a slow process, especially when they get to be more than 5-10%.

Boolit Master

Do you mean york county Pa? I was at the fair grounds to see Alice Copper this summer. Had the time of my life. The old guy didn't miss a beat.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlofPa. View Post
    Do you mean york county Pa? I was at the fair grounds to see Alice Copper this summer. Had the time of my life. The old guy didn't miss a beat.
    70° here yesterday and I was riding around with both windows down on the truck blasting the best of Alice Cooper out for the benefit of all the Millennials in traffic lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast