Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Load DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noticing more people carrying in my area.

Boolit Master

Noticing more people carrying in my area.

Not long ago. If you forgot to lock the car doors no big deal. Same if you ran out for a quick trip and did not lock the house door. We been getting a lot of less desirable folks coming in. Our area is not the best in jobs. So people are moving out. And out of town landlords are buying up properties. And putting in section 8 folks in. The drugs are rampant and crimes are up. It's getting scary. Mostly i see us older folks carrying and some younger too. There was a time when we would only arm up to go on a hike or hunting. Has any others seen this happening in there towns?
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Grand Master
    Millions of illegals have to live somewhere. When is America going to realize this is an invasion, and it's purposeful? Even if your "new friends" aren't illegals, the addition of millions of new residents must cause a population shift.

Boolit Master
    I’ve noticed in uptick in gun ownership and carrying. I guess it’s a double edge sword. I’m glad more people are exercising their rights, but I hat that they feel they HAVE to.

Boolit Buddy
    I wish I could carry ..... thank you NJ for that. Man I cant wait to get the hell out of this sucky state

In Texas, 'concealed carry' means concealed. We have open carry too, but hardly anybody does in town.
    But if ya look close, you can see a bulge or faint lump on about 1/3 of the guys here.
    In the CCW classes, they aren't 1/2 women, but its close.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

When we teach cpl classes here in MI it’s a lot of women; about half which makes perfect sense; the surprise to me was the amount of clergy and teachers we have in class; the amount of advanced training church groups are getting- surprised not because I don’t see the need but because they waited so long and so few have any firearms/security/crisis management skills at all; very scary to think how long the doors to our churches have been wide open to mass murders... it’s not a new thing. Glad they are taking corrective measures!
    Section 8 aka very poor /unstable minority housing is also booming around these parts and oddly enough property and domestic crimes and theft are on he rise- wonder if there is any correlation between the two phenomenon???

It is also equally surprising that so many of our students come to us AFTER a robbery or break in or a loved one getting mauled by a dog in one of our state forests or trails , we also have companies we work with for security systems safes/ safe rooms and hardened door as well as dogs trained by the school where all MI department of corrections dogs come from;
    Putting andead bolt on your hardened door frame and getting a dog after a robbery- is confusing to me.
    Local couple run a very successful bar/restaurant and only took any sort of security measures after the second time they were robbed ,this time tied up and beaten; not even a camera nor a security door on the kitchen entrance. Sorry for the long post; our local liquor store the only one close was robb d at gun point 3 times; before the father got training and arms for his wife and daughters who worked the place 24/7- 3 Times. I just don’t get it seem your luck would have to be running thin after the second time
    Last edited by nagantguy; 03-05-2019 at 02:21 PM.

That made me laugh. Cleaner than Vince Fosters. PRICELESS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    sounds like the familiar result of low income housing
    not one race or ethnicity in general just see more
    unsavory riffraff come along with some good folks
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drizler View Post
    That made me laugh. Cleaner than Vince Fosters. PRICELESS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah that's a great story how a 38 Colt Army shot him that had NO paper trail from the day it left the factory.
    Wonder if a Colt letter would show it was shipped to Arkansas ?

Boolit Master

We are just getting the spanish folks. Funny thing is. I was saying we have no mexicans here yet. The other day we were out in the bush target shooting. And there was some shooting air guns. They left real quick when we started firing real rounds lol. Then we saw a spanish family at walmart. Cart in the way. I had to move it so we could get by. But a lot of black folks now, Some are decent and nice to chat with. But then there is the bad ones that give you the stare down like haha were on your turf now. And we have the white bad ones too. The police are busy all the time these days. Used to see one cruizer out at a time, Now it's 3 or 4.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

Diversity; but only in white neighborhoods; don’t see whites getting bused into the ghetto; or demanding to anyhow. Just an observation

Boolit Master
    In Iowa, a carry permit is good for open carry or concealed. I've not noticed any open carry in the small towns that I frequent. Concealed carry is another thing. If it is properly concealed, no on knows it is there. As for me, I am too old to either fight OR run.

Boolit Master
    In MN, latest statistics demonstrate that 1 in 20 Minnesotans have a CCW. Based off that, with knowing who in my "network" have one & do or do not carry, & in personal observations of others on occasion( I am always looking to see if I can ID someone carrying for situational awareness. They could be a good or bad person.) I think that the ones actually carrying with a CC permit is around 1 in 50, if that...

I live rural, so I think that has a lot to do with "my" opinion, and perhaps folks in more urban areas that have CC permits, carry more. I do not spend enough time in the sub/urban areas to know. The statistics mentioned above would present a number around 180,000 CC permits in the MNPLS/ST.PAUL metro area(Twin Cities + suburbs) with its' approx. population of 3,601,000. Which if the 1 in 50 that actually carry were applied, leaves a pretty small number of folks who CC in that particular population. (It might even be less carrying due to the type of mindset of many people who live in that area if one were to look at voting trends...)

The rural population usually sees little reported violence as compared to the cities & one would think that those who have CC permits in those urban/suburban areas would carry more, but the news reports have not shown that much use by CC holders against criminals in the past, so I am inclined to think that many in the cities do not carry as much as those rural, even with the difference in crime rates. ( It very well may be that those who live rural, since we look at life a bit differently, IMO, from urban dwellers, may carry more then those in the city, due to our mindset & closer relationship with the outdoors. Even though those with permits still do not carry as much as I would expect.)

Anyway, I am sure that with an influx of people in an area brings not only the good elements, but unfortunately, an increase in the undesirable & criminal elements as well. Such is pretty much a "given", and without the societal "norms" that the earlier population maintained, the newcomers may end up changing those societal norms to something less desirable than in the past. Thus, the need for more folks to apply for & legally CC. ( You know that there is always those that will CC illegally as well, and it is only prudent to try to keep the numbers of the good CC folks higher than the bad CC ones.)

If you can legally do so, I urge everyone to carry every day, all day & even in your yard, or at least legally have a firearm within reasonable distance for we should remember the old saying, "It is better to have, & not need, than to need & not have."

G'Luck!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

I notice if someone goes for there walet and there jacket lifts. Or they bend over and the gun shows. Some shoulder holster too. And if there jacket is open you can see it. My LGS said a lot more woman are buying hand guns too lately.
    One round at a time.

[QUOTE=JIn MN, latest statistics demonstrate that 1 in 20 Minnesotans have a CCW. [/QUOTE]

I don't know what it is here.
    They've changed the laws here to where you don't need a CCW to carry in your car,
    but you need it to get out and go in somewhere armed, and I don't hardly go anywhere.

I finally got mine awhile back because I was almost the only person around here that didn't have a CCW.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Latest stats i could find for Pennsylvania 1,275,000 March 15, 2017 . But we can open carry without a permit too.
    https://www.gunstocarry.com/concealed-carry-statistics/
    One round at a time.

Boolit Master
    We had an interesting local situation. A once upscale apartment complex got old and ran down and became low income housing. Very handy for the scum bags living in it since it was only a block from a very nice super market. The scumbags were within easy walking distance of the store so they hung out there, broke into cars in the parking lot and shop lifted the store's merchandise. Some harassed the customers and panhandled. At times groups of them clogged up the parking lot daring you to run over them.

The supermarket found a vacant plot of land about a 1.5 miles away and built a new store about 4X the size of the old store and shut down the old store. Now the scumbags have no place within easy walking distance. The new store is 1.5 miles away but it also has a major traffic interchange between it and the old apartments. How the low income folks get by without cars now is a mystery but they brought it on themselves.
    EDG

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Well it has been happening here for a few years now 30 years ago was a great neighborhood now lots of section 8 drugs and hear guns going off all the time now. Its pretty easy to tell what kind of neighborhood your in if there is trash all along the side of road or on off ramp you might want to avoid stopping . For 20 years never had any trash thrown in front yard now its every day. Would love to move to country but can't afford it so i now carry every where i go even in yard.

Drugs, the absence of institutions for mentally ill, illegals and just bad people are all responsible for increased crime in certain areas. Way out here in the sticks, depending on law enforcement is a fatal plan.

Boolit Master
    If you go through the steps needed to acquire a carry permit, and you own a concealable handgun, why do you NOT carry? I've heard many different excuses, but that is all they are. Just excuses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast