Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I would like your input.

I wouldn't consider such a trade until it is about 3-1, lead for bullets. There is a significant amount of time casting, lubing or coating & sizing. JMO.
    BTW, the MC isn't really any faster, in fact slower, than using a 4-6cav mold. It does allow me to cast longer so the per hour return is about the same. I can do about 900 per hour with 4-6cav molds. The MC 2cav maxes out about 600 per hour, depending on bullet size.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master
    KenH you are correct.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master
    Correct.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

After clarification , the deal seems worth doing. That is if I understand that you a getting 125# of the original 225#s Not a great money maker but if you have automated equipment or just enjoy the casting I can see this being good for both of you. Gp

Boolit Master
    JD, the deal sounds pretty good for both parties. Isn't it amazing how clear something can be when you write it, but other folks get the wrong msg? I think all of us got the wrong msg on first reading, but after you made your follow up post I went back and re-read your first post. Then I could see exactly what you were thinking - I just missed it first time around.

I think many "hurt feelings" happen on forums because something didn't come across the way it was meant.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KenH View Post
    JD, the deal sounds pretty good for both parties. Isn't it amazing how clear something can be when you write it, but other folks get the wrong msg? I think all of us got the wrong msg on first reading, but after you made your follow up post I went back and re-read your first post. Then I could see exactly what you were thinking - I just missed it first time around.

I think many "hurt feelings" happen on forums because something didn't come across the way it was meant.
    ^The bolded... Ain't that the truth...^

As long as the 2 are happy with the deal & would do it again, then it is a good deal for both.
    If not, re-negotiate to try again, or don't do it again. All lessons learned. Some ya pay for, some ya don't.

Hope it works out for the both of you, now & in the future.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Wow! A word problem that I got all wrong. Sorry if I misunderstood and confabricated something that was not intended. My heart was in the right place even if my head go it all wrong.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Buddy
    Here's the kicker that I thing most people missed including myself.

oteroman original post

Denver-You cast for me 9mm ~124RN ??

Wondering if I could barter lead for bullets?
    Ideally someone non-commercial with an automated caster. I supply the lead ingots from range scrap 12BHN.
    Pay in lead?
    This would have to be within 100 miles of Denver.
    I would PC and size.
    Prefer .356 diameter.
    If anyone in the area would consider.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12