Lee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help identifying the caliber of my Francotte

Boolit Bub
    I am not ready to fire my rifle yet. I reform the 32 S&W cases by running them through a sizing die, but it leaves a ringing brass that has to be removed. My Unimat mini-lathe is in the process of having the motor replaced with a 24volt dc motor, which should make it a better machine. When finished, I will use it to machine off the brass ring and reload the formed cases.

Boolit Bub
    Got tired of waiting for parts to upgrade my Unimat so I could machine my brass, so I broke down and bought some .32 Long COLT from 10mile on Gunbroker. Also found a set of like-new Redding dies on eBay for a reasonable price. The brass is a perfect fit, so my Francotte is chambered for the .320 round.

Boolit Master
    As a Cadet gun,I suspect it was chambered in a puny round to make it suitable for indoor shooting using a cast iron or steel bullet trap..........Can you imagine 20 or so 12 yr olds shooting blackpowder rounds in drill hall ,or even a large gym on a cold winter day with all the windows closed against the freezing wind.........So a charge of 7 or 8 grs of black wouldnt have reduced visibilty too much..................and in those days,burning blackpowder was a cure for asthma and other breathing disorders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12