MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
PBcastcoLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just another new guy...

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    Howdy from Kentucky. What kind of guns do ya fancy?
    hello, And I fancy just about everything that goes bang, old new all of the above, just have not started with black powder yet but its on the list. Also love collecting mil surps and anything that just seems cool.

Boolit Master

Hello alelord
    Welcome to the site
    You will enjoy it here.
    Do you want to start your casting effort with rifles or pistols?
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by skeettx View Post
    Hello alelord
    Welcome to the site
    You will enjoy it here.
    Do you want to start your casting effort with rifles or pistols?
    Mike
    Mike, I have tried casting a but with a 73 grain wadcutter mold from NOE. I think the bullets one out alright and I just found out that I have to have the lead hotter than I thought for me to cut the sprue easy, before I had to just beat on it to get it to open. Also got a 500 grain .459 mold that I have been playing with. That one seems to work better for me because it does not have any lube grooves. Up next I would love to try some 30 carbine bullets and powder coat them or 300 Blk 230 grain cast hollow points. Its really starting to get addicting hahaha.

Boolit Master
    Welcome to the "Rabbit Hole".

I haven't saved ANY money in this sport, but have spent many enjoyable hours on this forum, probably more than at the loading bench.

Boolit Master

Welcome, I have found that there are a lot of good people and good information on this site, I think that you will also.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master

Welcome, sir, I'm sure you will enjoy it here.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jeepyj View Post
    Just a warning, this is just the beginning of spending lots of money to save a little. Just kidding, great bunch of enablers hanging around here to help you out. Don't be afraid to join in the fun.
    We should start a thread: "I never knew I needed xxxxx until I joined this board"
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

It is not with strength one will prevail; those who oppose The Lord will be broken

Boolit Buddy
    Welcome alelord! You will find a great group of people with a tremendous amount of knowledge and information ready and willing to help you. I have been a member for only a little over a month and have found that I have been able to answer all my questions by reading the different threads. I have yet to ask a question but I know when I do there will be many members that will respond. Great to have you as a member!

Boolit Master

Sorry for the late welcome. But hello. You have found a great place to learn about loading and everything else. Can be rough to keep up here lol. This is a busy place. Just have to do your best.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Quote Originally Posted by alelord View Post
    hello, And I fancy just about everything that goes bang, old new all of the above, just have not started with black powder yet but its on the list. Also love collecting mil surps and anything that just seems cool.
    Cool. I like a little bit of everything, but especially like vintage sporting guns of the smokeless variety.

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome Alelord - do you brew as well? I, like you, am curious about most of this. My pockets aren't deep enough to seriously get into swaging as I'm not a machinist and can't make my own stuff. I do load heeled boolits in the .41Colt, have a flintlock, caplock, and cap and ball pistols. My current facination is my 25 Krag AI in my Encore. I picked up a couple Swiss rifles and a couple of 1895 Steyrs when they were cheap.

Post your location so we can find out how close you are to other members.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Mold
    Hey Wayne, I do not brew. I am into just about everything else that's gun related, though. I am just now getting into single shots and one day black powder and the like.
    I am on a quest for knowledge, any help is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by alelord View Post
    Hey Wayne, I do not brew. I am into just about everything else that's gun related, though. I am just now getting into single shots and one day black powder and the like.
    Welcome! I cast and load for everything I shoot, and I brew beer on top of it all! I happen to really enjoy the single actions and lever guns. Feel free to reach out with questions and such. I’m out in the San Diego, CA area.
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

I ain't been bit by the single shot but yet. I for some reason like single shot 22 rifles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12