Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading Everything PBcastco
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just another new guy...

Boolit Mold

Just another new guy...

Hey everyone,
    I just got signed up the other day and I am trying out posting today. Please bear with me on my adventures on this form. I am interested in just about everything from casting bullets and swaging them to trying to make my own wild cat rounds and basic gunsmithing tasks. I have read the threads for a few years now on my own without being a member. Thanks again for all the learning you guys have helped me with already. I hope to do a lot more of it now and to help others out as well if I am able to.

Thanks
    Alelord

Boolit Master
    Welcome to CB.GL Forum!

You mention you have been looking around the forum for a while, so you have already discovered there is lots of great folks & a huge amount of experience and knowledge here!

Glad ya "jumped in with both feet", and joined up!

Once again, Welcome! & enjoy!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Well howdie welcome.

Welcome to the forum.

The following is not provided to lecture you only give advice so I'm taking off my Moderator hat for this and giving it as one member to a new guy. I offer them because I have been there.

If you want to post pictures look at this thread first since size matters.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...To-Post-Photos

FYI cause at some point you may wonder, your post count is under your avatar in the upper right corner. You can not sell anything in Swappin & Selling (S&S) until your post count reaches 30 and you have been a member for 30 days. Or sell out side S&S ever. You can buy though or trade from day one.

Posts don't count in The Pit or Testing and we usually think of qualifying posts as meaningful not.... "me too" or the like.

Be sure to read the S&S rules here

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Definitions://

Avoid using curse words but if you have to just spell them out. There is a word censor feature that will automatically catch them and change the word into all stars like "**** it works". This is one of the infractions that gets most members first. Infractions are explained here

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ons-amp-Points

One other thing of interest is using purple text is considered a way to show sarcasm you can do that by highlighting the text and choosing the [A] in the bar above the your edit window and picking more colors then choose a purple. You can change the look by using the feature in the bar just like windows.

Also as JBinMN said jump in.

There are no dumb questions here you just have to ask. You may get an answer or be directed to a thread that will provide an answer(s).

Ok enough of that. If you have any questions any of the Moderators will be happy to answer them for you, just ask.

Again Welcome to Cast Boolits!
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

One more "welcome" here. The more the merrier!

Boolit Master

alelord glad you decided to make the plunge and join the madness that comes from doing what we like to do. Speaking of what we like to do, as you can see their are a variety of topics from cooking, casting, handloading, faith, mechanic work, swaging, paper patching, experimenting, and the list goes on and on. I hope your stay here is as productive and gives you as much pleasure as I have had during my time here. You have found the stickies located at the beginning of the different topics, and they are a wealth of information. You are sure to have questions in the future and remember, there are no dumb questions. So just ask away. Have fun and enjoy your journey into the complex world of casting boolits!
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Don't forget to read stickies etc.
    Details matter .
    Welcome to the club.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

Welcome Alelord!
    What part of the world do you live in?

Welcome to the forum!
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master

Welcome.
    Feel free to make comments and ask questions.
    Just don't ask how many pounds of wheel weights are in a 5 gallon bucket!
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Banned
    ▲▲▲ that's in a sticky▲▲▲ there is a sticky forum and stickies at the top of each topic

Welcome to CB

I've found the easiest way to post pictures is:
    Capturing and Posting screenshots:
    Posting pictures using IMGUR
    1) Go to https://imgur.com/
    2)Select sign up: Fill out information or register with: facebook, twitter, Google+ or Yahoo account
    3)Log into your account
    4)Click on your name and select images
    5) click on the Add Images box (upper right) -- click on browse and find your picture
    or
    6) On your computer, rt click on the picture you want to upload and hit copy (or hit control C)
    7) go back to IMGUR, L click on the “ADD IMAGES” and either rt click and select paste or hit control V
    or (the easiest way), IF you have more than 1 monitor, drag the picture you want and drop it anywhere on the IMGUR screen
    8) On IMGUR, Left click on the picture you want
    9) Then click on COPY next to [BBCode (message boards & forums)]
    10)Go to the post you want to put the image in, either right click and select paste or hit [Ctrl + V]
    11) Save your post and you're done.

Boolit Master

Welcome to the addiction!
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    Welcome Alelord, to the best forum in the world, to find out about anything you could possibly think up. Weather it’s casting, shooting or about anything, you think of, you will get an answer or suggestions here.guys and gals have a wealth of information and experience.

Boolit Buddy
    Welcome Alelord,
    I too, am also a new guy. I’ve been lurking around this forum for most of the last decade. I started out looking for information about a Type 99 Japanese Arisaka, that had been gifted to me by a elderly relative. My web searches just kept leading me back to the forum that spells the word bullet with two “O”s. I wasn’t casting bullets or even reloading at that time. I noticed over and over again that this forum had great information and that folks here seemed a lot more friendly than on some of the other gun sites. I think that you made a good choice.

Boolit Master
    Welcome... this forum is better than the $600 Encyclopedia Brittanica that my father bought for us in the ‘60’s.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome Aboard! Feel free to join right in. A few guys mentioned pictures. We like pictures! Pictures of Boolits, pictures of lead scores, pictures of molds, pictures of ............. Well, you get it!

Howdy from Kentucky. What kind of guns do ya fancy?

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome Aboard.

Warning: The enablers on this board will cost you quite a bit of money but it will be worth it
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

It is not with strength one will prevail; those who oppose The Lord will be broken

Boolit Master

Just a warning, this is just the beginning of spending lots of money to save a little. Just kidding, great bunch of enablers hanging around here to help you out. Don't be afraid to join in the fun.
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Mold
    I live in Washington state currently, I love it here great people and lots of places to explore!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast