RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingPBcastcoWideners
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eyeglasses and seeing sights on handguns and rifles.

Boolit Grand Master

There was a neat little clop on loupe that came with 3 lenses + .5, + .75 and +.1 this allowed you to tune your glasses to the best sight picture. The loupe was n a spring loaded swivel and could be raised out of vision when not in use. It was called Clearsight. What I really liked about it was with different lenses you could tune for pistol or rifle front sights. Some would take 1 lens off of flip up sunglasses to blind the off eye helping the shooting eye to focus. As far as I know the Clearsight unit is no longer made. It was a handy unit in that it just clipped on the regular glasses bow and wasnt noticed.

Boolit Master

Glasses came in early. Wow i was surprised when i put them on. Everything looks bigger lol. Tomorrow i plan on trying them shooting. Playing around at home i can see the sights much better inside. Tried them at the reloading bench. Not as good as my cheaters. So ill stick with the cheaters when working on ammo. I also run into things walking around with them on. Guess depth perception is off. They told me to be careful driving with them as i get used to them.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

I find the same thing in the reloading room. I’m better off either with no glasses or with readers over my regular prescription glasses, depending of course on what I’m doing. If loading, priming or doing anything that might go “bang” I’ll wear over the counter bifocal safety glasses that meet ANSI standards. Looking down the ammunition is in focus and looking ahead the rest of the room is in focus. I’m fortunate that my range for not needing correction is from computer screen distance to about 7-8 feet.

I use the same OTC safety glasses or prescription safety glasses in the gunsmithing and machining room.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

Went to the gun club today. All my issues solved. Love the glasses. I can even see better through my scope. Im a happy camper now.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelguns 1961 View Post
    I wear progressive bifocals and I do just fine. If I am having a hard time, it is usually because my glasses have slid down a little. I just push them up and continue.
    Hi...
    Same issue here.
    Still able to shoot handguns quite well but adjusting to the trifocals was a bit of a struggle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123