RepackboxLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good 9mm 147gr cast loads

Boolit Buddy

I powder coat and hi tek, depends on my mood. It does burn incredibly clean and produces great velocity for such a low charge weight. At 4.2-4.4grs per lb I can produce 1500 rounds so the 38 bucks a pound isnt too terrible. This load will easily shoot better than what I am capable of and the recoil is pleasant.

You might want to consider this mold from NOE. 358-155-TC-AS5 4 Cavity RG4 BB https://noebulletmolds.com/site/prod...58-155-tc-as5/
    In it's hollow point form, it drops at 147 grains. It was designed for 9mm from the start. Many here on this site were in on the development.
    The design allows as much weight to be outside the case and as little inside the case as possible, allowing for more space inside the case for powder.
    It feed well in every 9mm I have tried it in. Accuracy is excellent. It also works well in 38 Special.
    It was originally designated the 358-155-TC(ELCO). I can't see any real design changes since it changed the designation.
    There are a couple of threads on this site talking about it right after it was developed. Just search for 155 TC(ELCO).

I use the Lyman 147 gr in my 9mm and cycle good. I also use it in my 357mag,
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Bub
    Currently loading 147 Berrys Plated in 9mm.
    My working loads are currently:
    147g TC Plated, 3.5gn bullseye, COAL 1.075 : Chrono'd at 945.4 average and SD of 13.9 (5 rounds).
    147g RN Plated, 3.2gn titegroup, COAL 1.116 : Chrono'd at 910.8 average and SD of 10.6 (5 rounds). I could easily go up on this load, but it functions well as is.

Have ordered an Arsenol Molds 357-155 PC to try next.

4 grains of Red Dot is a nice easy shooting load.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Never could get the elco to work for me in a 9mm pistol. nose would hit no matter how thin a coat of PC. Worked in my 357 ok, I cast a few hundred and sold it here. guess for an AR, it will depend on the barrel. btw, my CZ scorpion would shoot it, but is like my OEM glock barrel, its loose enough to shoot anything.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    Do you powder coat / Hi Tek?

These VV N3xxx powders shoot 9 mm ridiculously clean, a couple of casual boxes and there is nothing in the barrel, not even with Bore Tech Carbon remover.
    I have been using VV N310 lately for 9mm. 2.8 under a 147 gives a nice mild load at about 850 out of my 4" M&P.

Boolit Mold
    4.2 grains of BE-86 is my current favorite 147 grain load. Makes minor power factor and burns clean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12