Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Wts: Ingots with high tin content

Boolit Bub

Wts: Ingots with high tin content

I want to sell the following ingots of alloys that have been melted down to simplify packing and save considerably on shipping and to have the alloys tested by XrF in order to justify the claim of high tin content. The tests were conducted by member BNE on this site. The results are given in the following descriptions.

1. Reclaimed solder joints-Sn(TIN)=16.4%, Pb(LEAD)=80.4%, and Sb(ANTIMONY)=3.2%. 4 ingots totaling 6 lbs., $15.00+$8.00 shipping.

2. Mono block spacer ingots-Sn=4.6%, Pb=79.9%, Sb=15.2%, and Cu=0.3%. 6 ingots totaling 22.25 lbs.-- $44.00+$8.00 shipping.--SPF. AND SHIPPED. Still have 4 ingots totaling 15.25 lbs.--$30.00+$8.00 shipping.

3. Printers lead ingots-This alloy is linotype spacers-it was melted down so the two lots could be tested by XrF in order to settle the naysayers about what the spacers actually consist of. Lot X-Sn(TIN)=3.5%, Pb(LEAD)=85.0%, Sb(ANTIMONY)=11.3% and Cu(COPPER)=0.2%. Lot O-Sn(TIN)=3.4%, Pb(LEAD=85.4% and Sb(ANTIMONY)=11.2%.

FWIW, this alloy is richer in tin than most (if not all) of the linotype on the market today. What is available has been depleted and the tin is down around 2.5% instead of the 4% that is often claimed. (the lot numbers mean nothing-it's just my choice of marking the ingot for ID)

3a.--4 ingots of lot X and 1 ingot of lot O. 19 lbs.--$38.00+$8.00 shipping.

3b.--6 ingots of lot X. 23.5 lbs.--$47.00+$8.00 shipping.

3c.--6 ingots of lot X. 23 lbs.--$46.00+$8.00 shipping.

3d.--6 ingots of lot O. 25 lbs.--$50.00+$8.00 shipping.

3e.--6 ingots of lot O. 24.5 lbs.--$49.00+8.00 shipping.

3f.--6 ingots of lot O. 24.5 lbs.--$49.00+$8.00 shipping.

3g.--6 ingots of lot O. 24 lbs.--$48.00+$8.00 shipping.

Post 'I'll take XX' and PM for payment and shipping info. I can accept PayPal F & F, USPS M/O or cash at your risk. Additional insurance is available at your expense. I will combine any two items for the $8.00 shipping.

This ad was started two weeks ago and has generated very little interest. I realize that the text of the ad is a bit cumbersome, so I've made some additions and changes to hopefully clarify it a bit. If there is anything else I can say or do to ease the reluctance to purchase, just let me know.

OK LET'S TRY THIS--25% OFF ON ITEMS 2 AND 3 (EXCEPT POSTAGE). THAT'S $1.50/LB.

If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for your interest. Steve
    Last edited by durango; 03-14-2019 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Discount offerred

I would buy these ( 2. Mono block spacer ingots-Sn=4.6%, Pb=79.9%, Sb=15.2%, and Cu=0.3%. 6 ingots totaling 22.25 lbs.-- $44.00+$8.00 shipping. ) . . .

if you will take my check?

charlie
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Bub

back to the top

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    I would buy these ( 2. Mono block spacer ingots-Sn=4.6%, Pb=79.9%, Sb=15.2%, and Cu=0.3%. 6 ingots totaling 22.25 lbs.-- $44.00+$8.00 shipping. ) . . .

if you will take my check?

charlie
    Charlie-Yes I will, but I have twice attempted to contact you by PM and today the site informs me that you will not or cannot accept PMs.??? If you're still interested, let me know, Steve

Boolit Bub

Back to the top with changes/additions to text

Boolit Bub

Midweek bump to the top

Boolit Bub

Back to the top with a discount