RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Pulled Threads! Notification??

Boolit Master

Pulled Threads! Notification??

If a thread is being pulled because of excesses(?). Why continue to post emails referring to it. I received an email about 3 hours ago. When I clicked on the link, I got the message:
    "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

All previous emails referring to this thread are linked to the same message.

I've seen a lot worse that was allowed to continue. Should this have been in the "pit"?
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master

Just asking if you received the email before the thread was pulled? I’d assume you did because no one can add to it, which would generate the email, once it’s been pulled.

Boolit Master

The email was received at 6:54PM Central. I didn't look at it until 9:45, at which time the thread was gone.
    John
    W.TN

Moderator Emeritus

Mods may have moved or deleted it. Threads under discussion go into the mods room that you can't see...

Boolit Master
    Also note that email is best effort not guaranteed delivery.
    It might take a while for an email to be generated and sent depending on amount of traffic due to system speed and throttling to avoid being labeled as spam.
    Then it might make it to you instantly or might get held up traversing the internet.
    These are just general observations, I have no knowledge of the inner workings of castboolits nor gunloads.

I have seen delays of several hours from posting until receipt of notifications on castboolits and other forums when I was actively following threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

I had a thread I started disappear without warning. I asked the mod and got an answer as to why and that was that. Big deal, it's just a thread
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I had a thread I started disappear without warning. I asked the mod and got an answer as to why and that was that. Big deal, it's just a thread
    I am sure glad someone got a reply.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Cast Boolits Owner

When a post is made to a thread notifications are instantly generated and sent out. The speed at which you receive that notification is related to may things including but not limited to the speed of the internet, the time it takes your e-mail server to receive then processe the notification, how long it takes your server to post it to your local inbox, and lastly the refresh rate your inbox is set at. Once a thread is deleted no more e-mail notifications are generated, however there may be previous notifications still heading down the pipeline which is what you are experiencing. I hope that answers your question.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -