Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision

Thread: I have been challenged!!!!

Boolit Master

I have been challenged!!!!

Recently I have been making some homemade peppered beef jerky and taking it to work where it is a phenomenal hit. It seems that the more black pepper I put in it the more the guys like it. I said something to the effect that at one time I had a dried "Ghost Pepper", but it got thrown in the trash the last time I cleaned out the spice cabinet. One of the guys dared me to make a really hot batch. Does anyone here have a single dried Ghost Pepper that they would be willing to part with? I do not want to go as hot as with a Carolina Reaper, but something hotter than your average Habanero.

Boolit Grand Master

The gauntlet has been thrown down....
    I don't have any hot peppers but someone in our ranks should .
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

I have vipers, scorpions and reapers frozen from my garden. Once you get over 1.2 mil scoville they are all the same. Hot Hot Hot. A dare sounds like a job for a REAPER. That's my go to when idiots tell me they love hot stuff. Reaper =5, idiots = 0.

Can you mail dangerous substances? USPS will ask.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Master
    I was specifically asked to not use a Reaper, But I would be willing to buy or trade for one of the others.

Moderator Emeritus

Couple drops of this each piece as it goes into the smoker/dehydrator https://www.hotsauce.com/blairs-3am-...d-2nd-edition/ they will beg for mercy! I have a bottle of his 6AM 10 million scoville for those who claim they are immune. I dip a toothpick in it and put it on a chip... nobody has eaten it without asking for ice cream immediately!

Boolit Master

No Ghost peppers but I think I still have some dried Habaneros.
    Those suckers are brutal...dale

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Hot with "Flavor" is more important to me than "Hot With Not" I like the Middle Eastern Urfas' Aleppos" Etc; You get the hot in your chest and the flavor on the tongue! Not a Numb throat, tongue and mouth!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Buddy
    PM me your address and I will send you some dried Ghost and Habeneros.
    Fox

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shootinfox2 View Post
    PM me your address and I will send you some dried Ghost and Habeneros.
    Fox
    PM sent and a big thank you.

Boolit Buddy
    Krogers here sells them.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    PM sent. habaneros and reapers,dried and ground on the way.

Another that thinks if I can't taste it only feel it burn what is the point? Unless one is attempting to put idiots in their place while providing some nice wholesome bonding activity with co-workers.

Or hide that the jerky is made with horse meat of an inferior cut and questionable freshness by making it too hot to taste.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Man
    Thats great!!! I would totally go reaper, I ate a chunk of one and it was pretty insane.

Banned

yup never was a hot pepper eater either. Hot isn't a taste in my opinion what it does is hide the taste of food.
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Another that thinks if I can't taste it only feel it burn what is the point? Unless one is attempting to put idiots in their place while providing some nice wholesome bonding activity with co-workers.

Or hide that the jerky is made with horse meat of an inferior cut and questionable freshness by making it too hot to taste.

Moderator Emeritus

Hot peppers add flavor! Key is use in balance with the rest of the dish. To many people think you need to over power it with heat...

Banned

nephew brings pickled peppers to camp that will peal skin off of your tongue. I chuckle the young guys say there fantastic but wont touch them till they've got a 12 pack of beer gone. Hes one that would put HOT peppers on a snickers bar.

Boolit Master
    I made up about 2 pounds of sirloin using one teaspoon of the dried habaneros in the marinade, and about a half teaspoon of dried habaneros sprinkled on top when they went into the dehydrator. The one tin-knocker eats them like popcorn and wants hotter. Everyone else that has tried them says "Man that's hot". One of the roofers who is Mexican said that it was good going down, but his stomach was on fire afterwards.

I found some dried Ghost peppers at the meat market that I shop at, gonna try those next, then maybe the reapers.

Boolit Buddy
    One quick tip from my wife. Put the pepper in the meat mix instead of marinade or sprinkle. If you have a mortar and pestle. Mix your spices with the salt and add it to the meat prior to drying. You need less spice and the heat sneeks up on you. If you use the reapers, be carefull with the dust. It hurts.

Fox

Was thinking about ground meat jerky.
    Last edited by shootinfox2; 03-14-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Boolit Master
    Update: after making a couple of batches with habenero in the first batch and ghost peppers in the second batch one of the new guys said he wanted a batch of "snowcone" jerky. Something so hot that you need to wipe with a snowcone the next time you had a "gastronomical intestinal reaction".
    So, the next batch had habenero, ghost, and reaper peppers in the marinade (not a lot, maybe a half teaspoon of each in a 2# batch of meat). SUCCESS!!! "Man, that is HOT". My boss tried a small piece while I watched and the inside of his safety glasses fogged up!
    Got three or four guys at work asking when am I going to make more......

Boolit Buddy
    Haha, nicely done.
    I'm a real fiend for hot, I've eaten ghosts and reapers whole. I've cut down because while I can handle them going down it's the other end that's a problem...

I like Dave's brand hotsauses. The ghost pepper especially, their Ghost and Garlic is my favorite for general use. They also make a very tasty "Hurting Habanero" honey mustard, delicious (and not too extreme, just the right tickle). Fully recommended if you ever see it.