Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Repackbox

Thread: 41 magnum gas check size

Boolit Grand Master

41 magnum gas check size

I am looking all over for the answer, as there seems to be a huge range of gas check shanks for 41 caliber's. Sage's lists 3 different sizes, and oddly the "416 rifle" size seems to be the most common for 41 caliber handguns. Both NOE and Accurate have 41 mag designs with a .391" shank. While not a big difference, Sage's lists .393" as the correct shank size for 416 rifle, while I have yet to find a design that size.

I am designing a mold, and would like to know which one, if any, is more popular or common than the others.

Moderator Emeritus

That is a good question that I can't answer.

Maybe you'll find an answer in one of these two threads?

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-vs-Shank-Size

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...num&highlight=

I currently have 3 different 41 molds that are GC designed...and they each need a different GC.
    One is a bit different than the 3 common sizes available, so I asked Sage's Outdoors what I he could do, he sent me seven different samples (variations of material thickness) to find one that worked. One did work and I ordered a bunch (lifetime supply) of those.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Banned

most never molds are cut for the 416 style check. Older molds were all over the place. even lymans from different years were different. the added to that problem was back in the day there was only lyman checks and at that time they didn't crimp on. so when a guy shot his 41 he left a trail of gaschecks that would lead him right up to his target.