RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My dog passed yesterday

Boolit Master

My dog passed yesterday

We were blessed to have her for 15 years... Jackie our Jack Russell. She passed away yesterday at home. She was definitely my dog, always following me.

I had convinced myself that I would be at piece when the time came, but I am finding out today that I was wrong. It’s amazing how deep one’s feelings can be for a pet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7060E828-B388-4516-9985-4DBCAB034506.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	236982
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master

I'm so sorry for your Loss she was a family member not a pet or at least how I feel about my girls
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

It's hard when we lose a long time family companion. My golden retriever is 14 years old. She just keeps going and going. I think she lives on for our younger dogs. Going to miss her a lot when she does pass.

Boolit Master
    Get another life is to short to live without a dog, unconditional LOVE.
    Frank G.

Boolit Master

So sorry for your loss. I hope she's waitin for ya when you get there - In the meantime, I hope you find peace until it's time for another
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Buddy
    I am sorry for your loss. I feel your pain, dogs are wonderful companions. We have had 3 die in the last year. Skip was a 14 year old jack russel and she passed last November. I don't know how long it takes to get over the loss, it gets better but not much...………………………………..Curdog

Boolit Master

know just what your going thru, we lost our st bernard last week and I still expect him to come running up to see me when I get home.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Banned
    sorry for your loss of a loved member of your family.We all think we will be ready when the time comes,but it just seems to hit hard no matter what. I will say a prayer for you to stay strong and remember the good times. God Bless you and your family amen.

Sorry for your loss.

Boolit Master

thats a bummer.

They always take a big chunk of our hearts with them when they leave us.
    Very sorry for your loss.
    The insulated state in which nature has placed the American continent should so far avail it that no spark of war kindled in the other quarters of the globe should be wafted across the wide oceans which separate us from them." -- Thomas Jefferson

Being a veterinarian I see people in your situation much more often than I care to. If you do not love your pet, it is just a dog. It is never easy to loose something you love, but it is part of life. It will get better with time ( sometimes a long time), but it will get better. Grieve for a time then jump back in and get you a new pet. It will never fill Jackie's paw prints, but it will make the tough time easier.
    "Nothing is more uncommon than common sense." Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    It is soo hard to lose a friend that loves you unconditionally. More than once I've been mad at God for making their lifespan so short

Boolit Master
    My condolences. They are much more than a pet, they are family! I got two that are around 10+ yrs old. My Daphne is whiting out fast, and starting to show her age. Plus I just had her at the vets on Friday because she really limps when she gets up and it use to go away as she got moving, takes a lot longer before she quits limping. While they was checking her out they found she as a heart murmur. Her heart is enlarged some. Don't have to have any treatment for it right now. Has arthritis in her shoulders and now taking rimdyl for it. She was back there getting the xray's and started whimpering and yelping. Boy did that get to me, I got a bad lump in my throat and tears start to flow. Just like a child when they are hurting and you can't do anything about it and had to watch from the sides. I know her times is coming just don't know when, and I am not at all ready for it. I rent and don't want to bury her here because we can move from here. So I am looking at cremation and I hate to do that because I don't want it done to myself. I just don't have any options. When her times comes I sure hope she passes in her sleep and I do not have to have her put down. Getting that lump in my throat again just thinking of it. So sorry for your lost. I feel for you.

Adam

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	236996
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    Sorry for your loss. I've had German sheperds for years. The last time I lost one, I swore I'd wait 6 months to decide if I ever wanted another. Well, after 2 weeks, there I was, with another bouncing pup. I don't regret it.

Boolit Master

God's blessings on you for the love and care you gave that dog. And the love and care the dog gave back.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Buddy
    You never lose em, you just get separated from them for a while, you’ll find them again.

My wife and I was just discussing how our pets become family this morning. Sorry for your loss.
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

Boolit Buddy

I can’t put to words how sorry I am to hear of your loss.

Maggie, my avatar pic, rescued me from a really dark place after I lost my arctic suddenly.
    Stronger, Prouder and Greater!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast