MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 ncbs

Boolit Man

2019 ncbs

Friends! The 20th annual Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot is scheduled for May 31 through June 2 at the Humboldt County shooting park just north of Winnemucca, Nevada. Consider this your invitation for past participants and especially new shooters to join in on shooting and story telling with a great bunch of folks.

Events and rules will be the same as last year, so if you need to check on any of the details, please read the opening post below for the 2018 NCBS to avoid my retyping. The only change this year will be a sort of gear/supply exchange to be conducted during the Sunday evening awards dinner. I ask that each shooter bring two items that are no longer of use to you but could be put into good service by the other shooters. These items will be placed on the “prize table” and each participant will be afforded two opportunities to pick a prize from the table through a random drawing. Any shooters that cannot attend the Sunday dinner can have their “draws” executed by another who is there.

I look forward to seeing all my past and to be new friends!

Fast Asleep

NOTICE TO NEWCOMERS!!!

This is a fantastic group of folks, yes folks, just like you, with much of the same likes, you'll see! We talk, we shoot, we discuss and then we do it all over again! Oh, ....and then maybe we eat, then shoot or discuss or both, again and again! ...I am one of the older members, not a charter member, but my wife Marlene and I and much of our family have been there 13-15 times. You will make good friends and by that I mean, .......real friends!

About being older, I can't guarantee we will be there, but it is our plan. So, seeing you-all at the Griddle, the Rools Committee meeting, at the Range and eating places, will once again be a great joy!

Again, if this will be your first venture with us, come on here, post and start the getting acquainted process. Believe me, ....the rest of us will take over, ....consume you and give you, ....all the answers/directions you'll need. We do want you from the start, to feel comfortable and to feel glad you came!

FUN is a guarantee! Mac
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 02-27-2019 at 06:59 PM.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master
    This event is almost more fun than a person should be allowed to have. Another one of the new things this time will be a few more trophies for winners of some of the events. Winnemucca, Nevada has plenty of good places in town to spend a few nights as well as RV spots, Just up the hill in Water Canyon the BLM has a beautiful free campground on a small trout stream among the quaking aspens and cottonwoods to lay your sleeping bag. This will be my ninth year and it has become the highlight of my year.

Fast, you forgot the link or the rules so for now here

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...2933-Ncbs-2018

If you want I will delete it once you have this the way you want it. Don't want to hijack your thread just trying to help.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Man
    Minerat—thanks for the assist here. Let’s just leave your post in place—it se vest he purpose just fine.

Boolit Man
    It serves the purpose

Boolit Master
    For something a little different this year, I am slicing up a pretty piece of quilt figured maple hardwood to turn into four plaques for the winners of four of the events - the 400 yard iron sight shoot, the 100 yard best group shoot, the practical rifle offhand speed shoot, and the ladies 100 yard scored shoot. The ladies need more than bragging rights this year.

Boolit Man
    Thanks Quilbilly

Boolit Master
    The contingent from Washington State already have their reservations at Scott's Shady Court Motel. Good times are on the way!

Boolit Master
    This spring is shaping up to be one of the finest wildflower shows on Northern Nevada's sagebrush steppe in many years. If you can get to Winnemucca a day or two early, just a short ride up to the top of Winnemucca Mountain just behind the range will be inspirational. With cameras at the ready, pictures suitable for framing are there to be taken. That short road to the old missile site at the top of the 7,000 foot peak is even paved (sort of).

Boolit Master
    The wife and I (and Newtire!) have made our travel plans and hotel reservations. I'm desparately trying to find some time to cast and load for this get together - but I know that even if I don't, there will be plenty of available "loaners" to satisfy my shooting urge! It's just the way everyone does things there!!
    My list of hopefuls (cartridges, handguns and rifles of my own to bring), looks like this:

38 spcl
    357 mag
    40 S&W
    41 mag
    45 ACP
    30-30
    38-55
    375 H&H
    405 Win
    45-70

As you can see, I have some work to do!!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    There will be no shortage of loaners-- anyone who wants to check NCBS out ought to come!! I'm planning on bringing 7 rifles (223, 30-30, 32WS, 357, M1 Garand, 1909 Argentine Mauser and my Enfield) plus several handguns and, like many others, don't mind loaning them out.
    Last edited by Hick; 04-19-2019 at 09:42 PM.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master
    Water canyon is a beautiful place to camp for this. Convenient to town too. I plan to be at NCBS 2020 next year. Won’t have any guns, but miss the desert and fellowship.

Vendor Sponsor
    One of my campaign items will be the Savage Axis that I bought at Walmart during last years NCBS. I rebarreled it from 308 to 250-3000 and lengthened the throat to take 120 gr NOE boolits seated to the base of the neck, and against the lands. I am also going to bring the new 94 japchester in 25-35. Among others. Brisket and bbq pork for saturdays lunch.

Boolit Master
    I am bringing my 250/3000 as well. It loves those 107's from that old Saeco mold. Since Holly and I are 700 miles from home, we volunteered to pick up melons, desserts, or whatever else might be needed from the store for the Saturday festivities. I will be ordering the engraved plaques for the four trophies I made this week. The practical rifle might be a bit different this year to make things interesting and faster moving if the group approves at the Roolz Committee dinner on Friday.
    Last edited by quilbilly; 04-22-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Boolit Man
    Schedule details for this year’s event:

Friday May31–anyone in town will meet at noon at The Griddle on Winnemucca Blvd. for lunch and to then break up to gather up target backers, tables, etc. The event will officially start at 6:00 pm at “The Pig” on west Winnemucca Blvd. for the “Rools Committee” meeting and no-host dinner.

Saturday June 1–range setup (Humboldt County Shooting Park—just north of town on highway 95) at 7:00 with shooting to start about 8:00. There should be cold water provided, but plan on bringing a lunch. That evening at 6:00 we will have a pot-luck dinner at the range clubhouse-please bring a dish to share. Leftovers will put on ice for lunch on Sunday.

Sunday June 2—shooting starts at 8:00 and continues until we run out of ammo or our trigger fingers wear out. That evening at 6:00, a no-host dinner will be held at the Martin. We will disclose the results of our shooting competition and hold the drawings for our prize table items. The prizes will be gear and supplies donated by the shooters such as surplus bullet molds, casting gear or shooting supplies. We hope to have two items per shooter, so please bring along a couple of items for the table.

I am looking forward to seeing my friends—and making some new ones as well.

Boolit Master
    Remember to bring a calculator to the Griddle- last year they refused to do separate tickets at the Griddle.
    Loren

Moderator Emeritus

I will be bringing the usual suspects in 38/357/357 Max and 44 & 45 handguns. The 32 long and 32 mag should show up and probably will see if the 30 Badger shows.
    Last edited by MT Gianni; 05-23-2019 at 02:39 PM.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    I'm bringing my recently acquired Encore in .405 Win and my extra .375 H&H barrel. I might be interested in your extra frame. What might you be looking for in trade?

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    Is the frame stainless or blued??

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast