Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 ncbs

Boolit Master
    Today I am testing a theory for the practical shoot. How long does it take for a smaller gong to stop swinging so a second shot can be taken? The goal is to speed the shoot up and make it more fun. My idea may not be possible.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    Today I am testing a theory for the practical shoot. How long does it take for a smaller gong to stop swinging so a second shot can be taken? The goal is to speed the shoot up and make it more fun. My idea may not be possible.
    Hang something from it that will drag on the ground? (piece of rope with a weight on it??) That should slow it down fast.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master
    depends on what hits it- a hit with a .32 H&R just tickles it and we have to wait until it stops giggling. A hit with a 45-70 and we have to hit it while it's on the run.
    Loren

Boolit Master
    Using the 30/30 with 180's, five shots in one minute is right on the edge of shooting on the run. 250/3000 is doable with 5/minute with 107's @ 1800 fps. Using a monopod really slowed me down. It was fun doing this test and an absolutely gorgeous day to do it. I'll take whatever excuse available to get outside in this weather.

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    I will be bringing the usual suspects in 38/357/357 Max and 44 & 45 handguns. The 32 long and 32 mag should show up and probably will see if the 30 Badger shows. I will have an extra to me Encore frame if someone wants to swap for it.
    It will be good to see you again!

Moderator Emeritus

Been too long ammohead.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    A couple years back we moved the dates of NCBS from the weekend before Memorial Day to the weekend after. For some reason people objected to having to stand outside during heavy snow and hail storms. Go figure! What a difference two weeks makes in Nevada weather. This week is cold rain and more but in two weeks it will be summer. Let the fun begin! Holly and I can't hardly wait to see everybody.

Boolit Man
    Al Nelson of NOE just called me and said he would be sending over some prizes for the shoot. Al has always been supportive of our event and we thank him again.

I have been threatening the three day drive for close to twenty years. My wife and I will be there next year. I need to get casting now.
    Tony

Well, this is the third year since I originally heard about his event that I will not be getting to go. Dangit.

I will have to content myself with hearing about the fun you had.

And the desert bloom, I would really enjoy that as well.

In that vane, please post pictures and anecdotes of the event for us that are stuck at home.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by corbinace View Post
    Well, this is the third year since I originally heard about his event that I will not be getting to go. Dangit.

I will have to content myself with hearing about the fun you had.

And the desert bloom, I would really enjoy that as well.

In that vane, please post pictures and anecdotes of the event for us that are stuck at home.
    Holly and I will make a point of getting some good flower pictures as well as pics of going out to get some opal from our collecting area the day before the event.

BTW - We have ambitions of heading out your way to fish Curlew Lake for he first time sometime this summer or early fall. Are you anywhere nearby?
    Last edited by quilbilly; 05-18-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    Holly and I will make a point of getting some good flower pictures as well as pics of going out to get some opal from our collecting area the day before the event.

BTW - We have ambitions of heading out your way to fish Curlew Lake for he first time sometime this summer or early fall. Are you anywhere nearby?
    Super!!! It is hard to get enough of the desert in bloom. I relish my time living in the SW.

Opal...very neat. I have not done any lapidary stuff for many years, but Opal is one of my favorite gemstones.

Not very near. If you were to draw an X on our fair state, my house would fall fairly close to the cross hairs. We just finished celebrating our 100th Apple Blossom Festival and parade.

Not sure why our area is called North Central Washington. Maybe just easier or sounds better than Central Central Washington.

They have a really neat Fly-in at the Republic airport on the 12-14th of July. Awesome Steak BarBQ on Saturday night. Airplane not a requirement, as many residents from the surrounding area show up. http://www.wingsoverrepublic.com/
    Last edited by corbinace; 05-19-2019 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Make it easier to read

Boolit Master
    If the 10-day weather forecast is right, we may have some of the most pleasant weather for the shoot in years. Daytime highs are predicted to be in the mid-70's, not the 90's as in the last couple years. It will be just like Seattle temperatures but without the trees blocking the view.
    Last edited by quilbilly; 05-26-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Vendor Sponsor
    We may have drizzle or 2 but the temps should be pleasant. Getting excited, I may be there as early as Thurs.

Vendor Sponsor
    Tim:

I am glad that Al Nelson is sending goodies. I think he would be disappointed if he didn't get to participate.
    Last edited by ammohead; 05-26-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Asleep View Post
    Al Nelson of NOE just called me and said he would be sending over some prizes for the shoot. Al has always been supportive of our event and we thank him again.
    This post reminded me that I had volunteered to contact the vendors to solicit prizes for our event.
    I apologize to all, as I put it off and forgot it, and now it's gotten too late to salvage. Please accept my apologies - it was not my intent to let everyone down.

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Good folks,

Sorry that my lovely wife Marlene and I will not be able to attend this year. Thankfully our heath is good and we are doing lots of wanta do's! .....We were surprisingly inundated with family and friends for the full Memorial Day weekend. Full time Bar-B-Q's and good drinks etc. which we are certainly not complaining about! However, at our age, it takes us more time to recover, than time allows!

So, maybe next year. Have a Great time, Mac & Marlene
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master
    We have gathered at "The Pig", are getting ready to order dinner, and then the "Rools Committee " will convene!!
    Wish you were all able to be here with us!!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    Back home again. We had a great weekend, with wonderful folks, and we were talking about next year - on the way home!!
    Sorry for not keepin' ya all updated, but we were too busy having too much fun!!

Boolit Master
    We just arrived back here in the dry Northwest (compared to N. Nevada anyway). Holly and I had a great time and we can't wait for next year and hopefully all those back country roads we hoped to travel will be drier and a bit less slippery. Besides the wonderful get-together, the wild flower displays everywhere were extraordinary because of the wet spring. I have just the right piece of maple for the award in next year's 400 yard shoot which it was suggested to be a revolving trophy to return every year. Definitely a tip-of-the-hat to NOE for the donated prizes. Pictures will follow when Holly has time to get them downloaded from her camera and we can figure out how to post them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast