Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication

Thread: New to me Ruger!

Boolit Buddy

New to me Ruger! Now finished!

Gents - I've been searching for one of these for a while, a Ruger 77/22 in 22 Mag, full stock model. From what info I've found, they were a special run by Ruger for Lipsey's Distributor back from 2013-2015. I "missed the boat" when the were readily available, now trying to find one that is available and reasonable has proven difficult. I was fortunate to find this one, from the original owner, minty in the original box, with all the paperwork. He said he bought the rifle and 3 boxes of ammo originally, shot a box and a half thru it and put it away, until a few weeks ago. We worked a deal and I was able to get everything including, the box and a half left! This one is really nice, seems like Ruger uses nicer walnut and does a better job on the bluing on the special run firearms, than regular production line ones. Both the wood and the bluing are nicer than an older 22 LR and a 17 HMR that I also have, which were regular production ones....or I was just really lucky! I plan to put a low power variable on it, maybe in Warne QD rings, to keep with the "style" of the rifle. Thought I share a pic of my lucky find, excuse my poor photography skills. Bill in MAClick image for larger version. 

Name:	77-22 RSI 22 Mag.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	236961
    Last edited by msp2640; 03-12-2019 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Updated

Nice...I like that.
    If you live on the razor's edge and slip, you will die in two pieces

Nice, never new they made one. Have original 10/22 International that I bought new in late 60s. I have a 77/22
    walnut & blue from when they came out. Both really nice finished guns and 77/22 shoots like a target gun.

Boolit Bub
    Beautiful! I continue to seek a CZ452 FS in 22WMR. I’ll manage across one someday I’m sure!

I think a threaded 77/22 in 22LR would be a slick addition to the rimfire collection as well!

"minty", I like that, and that find. Congrats!

Boolit Master

Great find; good buddy has one very similar I’ve tried for years unsuccessfully to get him to sell or swap me for it- he just laughs. It’s his night time coyote rifle and a sweet shooter

Boolit Master

I never really cared for the full stock rifles but I will have to say that I like that one. Seems Ruger will make any of their firearms in a "Special" run but I believe you have to buy a minimum of 100(memory is gone these days, so don't hold me to that number). However as long as you are willing to foot the bill, they will add extras like polishing and bluing, up graded wood, and other things like full length wood on stocks, etc.. Makes things interesting once in a while. james

I hate to say the word....but that is a "pretty" rifle. She's a beaut.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    One dang nice rifle i have always liked the manlicher style stocks.

Oooooh....
    USMC VETERAN
    NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER

Boolit Buddy
    TNsailorman - This is my 1st and only full stock rifle. I've never been much of a fan of them either, just a personal taste thing. I now forget where it started, but I was reading somewhere about Ruger making a run of these and there were pictures posted of them. I'm a big fan of different style rimfires and many times over, have been drawn to lesser known, obscure, limited production, etc. types. After receiving the rifle, I reached out to Lipseys and got an email back from them. Apparently, it was a 1000 quantity rifle run, made between 2013-2015 by Ruger. There was enough left over parts, that an additional 214 were finished by the beginning of 2017 and offered to Lipseys, which they took as well. My rifle is one of the 214 lot. Just guessing on my part, that since there was no deadline to get these out the door, that perhaps a slower paced assembly, resulted in a better finished rifle. All just speculation on my part, but I'm very happy with it. I just received a set of Warne QD rings for it yesterday in the mail and a Leupold 1-4x20 is due here on Tuesday. For the most part, this will be a 50-100 yd range rifle with maybe some woods time, on good weather days! I think that a smaller scope, especially with QD lever rings, keeps with the European style of the rifle. Hope to have it all put together this week. Need the foot of snow on the ground to melt, so I can get some bench time to get it sighted in. Can't wait for Spring to be here. I'll post up some pics when it's all done. Thanks Bill in MA

Boolit Master

Winter sure is playing a rough tune on the shooting fiddle. We do not have any snow on the ground but have been having rain about 3 out of 4 days and there are ponds standing everywhere. Also some flooding. Can't wait for things to settle down. I will be interested in how your rifles shoot when you can get out to the range. I have an older 10/22 (regular one) and it is a hoot to shoot. Everybody in the family shoots it and I have not had one complaint so far. I put a Ron Power trigger kit in it and that sure helped a lot. Took the trigger from 6 1/2 lbs. down to 1 1/2 lbs.. That is about as light as I want to go. Take care and give us a report on how she shoots. james

Boolit Buddy
    Gents - The UPS man came thru today with my new Leupold 1.5-4x20. Just finished mounting it up with the Warne rings and took a quick pic. I think it adds a touch of class to an already nice rifle and looks right at home on the style of the rifle!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7722 scoped.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	237815 Thanks Bill in MA

Boolit Bub
    Looks really nice and the scope compliments the rifle well. Post up a range report once you get to shoot it.

That is a sweet looking rifle. Looking forward to hearing how she shoots.

Boolit Master
    Congrats, that a very nice rifle! I'm a big fan of the RSI Rugers as well, and one day plan to have one in LR.

Very nice. Looks better before the scope for me.