Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garrett Arms Spencer clone in 45/70 carbine model

Boolit Buddy

Ok looks like I finally am gonna get to handle the rifle. Fella says he's been out of town but is going to meet me tomorrow so I can look at the rifle and buy it for $450 if it looks good. Will keep you fellers updated on if i get it or not.
    It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the organizer, Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag, And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...od-trade/page3

Boolit Buddy

I didnt post any pics yet but got the rifle. To my surprise he had no idea what it was. It is a Garrett arms rifle with proper cartouche on the stock that says Garrett himself supposedly inspected it. Anyhow it's actually a 54 caliber paper cartridge gun. Now I have dabbled a little with black powder and grew up running a hawken 50 deer hunting back east.

When I looked at the rifle it has some scuffs here and there. Needs a good cleaning and could use a refinish on the stocks after I run them in the dishwasher to pull some dents.

The 54 cal breech loader called to me when i looked it over and i actually ended up trading a like new S&W M&P45 for it. Hopefully i did ok as it looks pretty good overall with a mint bore. No rust or pits at all. I would have preferred a 45-70 but the 54 black powder called me to take it home. Will post pics after I clean it some maybe tonight!
    It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the organizer, Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag, And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...od-trade/page3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12