RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mistake - Clear cooked at 300 degrees for 25 minutes.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    ................you will still get an argument! hehehehe
    I guess if they are paying for their mistakes they are free to make as many as they can afford and do it any way they want. So if they are pleased with their results I am as happy as a tub full of clams in a cornmeal bath. Speaking of that, we are now into crayfish season here in the gulf coats, bet you miss that?

Vendor Sponsor

Dragonheart ./. used to get into these discussions as well.. Like most I found it did not matter what I said (the one selling the powder and talking to the MFGer over and over about curing) they would quote something they seen on YouTube so I just stopped. If they ask me I tell them what THE MFG says and leave it at that

Glad KLR decided to follow those instructions and post what he saw as the differences..
    There is a difference in the end result as he posted.. sometimes you will use up most if not all the lea way in the properly cured product...

Maybe it will help some more understand there IS a difference in ok and right
    Last edited by Smoke4320; 03-09-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    Smoke I have to say you are right. We are all ignorant until we learn, but refusing to learn is stupid. And I too am beginning to think trying to fight the stupidity is a losing battle. I just hate to see the ** passed on to those just getting into PC. I do find it refreshing to see someone new to PC with common sense that was able to separate out just OK and Right. When that happens it makes the effort worth it.

I bake mine around 325-350. I tried Elvis' method of lower temps and got a batch where the pc was flaky... BUT, I do not do 400 because sometimes my little K-Mart oven will turn the boolits into little puddles...
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    I bake mine around 325-350. I tried Elvis' method of lower temps and got a batch where the pc was flaky... BUT, I do not do 400 because sometimes my little K-Mart oven will turn the boolits into little puddles...
    If you don't use a good thermometer to monitor your oven temperature then you really don't know what the temperature is in your oven. If you oven is melting your bullets I can assure you it is not because it is at 400 degrees; try over 600+ degrees, the melting point of lead. Just get a glass Taylor Oven Guide Thermometer about $12 and fix the problem.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw. View Post
    Run em. Elvis ammo, on you tube, did alot of experimentation with eastwoods powder, he found he could bake at temps as low as 275 and still get good results. He did it in the persuit of trying to find a way to cook buckets of bullets all jumbled together with out them glue them selves to one another.
    Yeah, I know a guy that cures 275 for 5 minutes with Harbor Freight powder. Never had any problems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 300 BLK with HF powder.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12