RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: I was tempted today,

I was tempted today,

to buy a NIB Henry 410 LG. It was sitting in the rack at a LGS along with a few other CF Henry levers. Very nice looking SG but i can't warm up to the 22 style magazine, so it is still in the rack.

They also had a brand new Remlin 45-70 with an 18" octagon barrel. The Remlin lost the fit and finish competition againist the Henry by a wide margin.

BB

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerbeans View Post
    to buy a NIB Henry 410 LG. It was sitting in the rack at a LGS along with a few other CF Henry levers. Very nice looking SG but i can't warm up to the 22 style magazine, so it is still in the rack.

They also had a brand new Remlin 45-70 with an 18" octagon barrel. The Remlin lost the fit and finish competition againist the Henry by a wide margin.

BB
    Have you had a chance to shoot the 410 model? Or anyone else? Kind of a pet project of mine to kill an elk in a weapons restricted area from my horse. Trying with a pistol has been challenging, I thought the Henry looked like a nice option.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

No, i have never shot a 410 henry levergun.

BB

Boolit Master
    I'd buy a Henry in a heart beat if so wanting 410 lever. Good little 2-1/2" hull shooter (tube fed or not.)
    Marlins short range carbine. The {shoulder bruiser~hearing disabler} _i.e. 45-70 ~ na~
    Suggestion: Much better purchase.__a long barreled rifle in that caliber. Than you got a dynamite shooter of a rifle. Distance_ pin point accuracy_ far less meat destruction. All can be expected.