RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: S&W breaktop ?

Boolit Buddy

S&W breaktop ?

Has anyone had one of These apart or more importantly put one back together. This one is in good shape for age but when trying to fire in single action it lets go of hammer early and drops it into the double action spot on hammer. Works good on double action but of course the pull is pretty tough. If you pull single fast and hard it will work but who shoots by jerking the trigger like that. Probably a common problem and is there a part to replace in there. Knocking out all the pins seems challenging but how tough is it...a question there. Plus putting it back together is that doable? Though about doing a video of the part i think might move early and how it drops into the double action spots.

Attachment 236865
    Muzzleloaders....why don't you pick one up and smoke it sometime

Serving my Lord and Savor has been one of my biggest challenges and for sure biggest joys in my life....
    Thank you Jesus....you changed the rhythm of my heart.

Boolit Master
    I have yet to see a guide on reassembling these type of revolvers. I have one of the S&W's, and thank heavens I have not had to do any repairs. Don't shoot it much, as it's a safe queen. I inherited a broken H&R 32 RF, and took it apart, to see what repairs I needed to restore it. The parts are still sitting in a plastic tub, with no idea on what pin, or where they go. Numrich has exploded views, but they don't show where the parts go.

Boolit Buddy
    It's not like I'm going to shoot it much but would be nice to once in a while. I can always do double action.
    Muzzleloaders....why don't you pick one up and smoke it sometime

Serving my Lord and Savor has been one of my biggest challenges and for sure biggest joys in my life....
    Thank you Jesus....you changed the rhythm of my heart.

Boolit Master
    I have taken them apart, and even put them back together, but it's not the easiest thing to explain. For one thing, you need 2 different sized cup point punches, and the trigger guard isn't pinned in, it's held by it's own spring pressure... All of the internal parts are hand fitted, so it takes a bit to make adjustments.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!