Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Master Caster.....should I?

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Are you using a gearmotor on the Master Caster?
    It’s not a real master caster but a 1” box tube copy of one I made and yes it’s a gear motor that runs it.

There are two timers and switches. One switch activates a timer & relay that when energized opens the circuit, stopping the gear motor while at the same time energizing the coil on the solenoid pouring the lead. When it times out, lead is stopped and power is returned to the gear motor.

The other switch/timer is to allow for cool down if needed.

Just ran my new Master caster for the second time, I am a long time caster using 4 cavity molds with a bottom pour pot here is what I found with the master caster
    For 9mm the time to make 1000 bullets with their 2 cavity mold
    is the same, about 2 hours but the physical effort was less than 1/4,
    way less tiring I could sit up straight didn't have to hold a heavy mold, didn't have to hammer the spue cutter just keep pumping the handle
    After the mold warms up just 2 good bullets after another
    The machine sorts the bullets from the spue so you set up 2 catch boxes one for each, I water quench so the bullets get directed into a water filled bucket

For sizing i lube them using a Star nothing's better
    But if you powder coat the Lee push through size die will be just as fast
    Great minds discuss ideas
    Average minds discuss events
    Small minds discuss people

Boolit Bub
    I am leaning towards the master caster still. I also have decided I need to get an upside down single stage to size. Since my reloading area is small I will also get a quick change mount/base from in line Fab. Mount a classic lee upside down.......that will speed up sizing and buldge busting. The buldge buster cured all of my reloading woes. So much that it's now a permanent part of my reloading.

This is how the Lee in the previous video is fed and driven, minus the collator and flipper.

All of the forces are isolated to the small 1/4” plate, just need a flat place to set it.

Boolit Buddy
    I have one. I'm looking to buy a fully automatic casting machine. If I get one mine will be up for sell.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyN View Post
    I have one. I'm looking to buy a fully automatic casting machine. If I get one mine will be up for sell.
    When you do let me know. I am still saving for a new one.......only about halfway there right now. So you may have time.

Boolit Mold
    Guys, is there any alternative machine on the market to Master Caster and Ballisti Cast Mark?
    I have been trying for a while to get hold of a second hand one due to relatively high cost of Master Caster.
    Any pointers?
    It doesn't help I'm based in Europe but I can get US domestic shipping arranged if required.

Boolit Master
    Sadly, there are no cheap alternatives unless you can build one yourself, Jmorris has shown they aren't impossible to make. I have been fiddling on building my own take on a bullet master, it just hasn't been completed yet..... Life keeps getting in my way.

Boolit Man
    I wanted a Master Caster. I have many four cavity molds of various makes plus a few Lee six cavity molds. I just wanted Master Caster. I'm setting here looking at the first bullet I cast on the machine. It's a $2000.00 projectile. It it worth it. Yes, every cent of it. There is a bunch of hand work in that machine. It came after having been tested with one of my molds installed. Seven mold were concerted for the machine. Would I do it again. In an instant. What's the difference between a toggling mold handle and a Master Caster? On the level of putting lead into the mold is there a difference? Looks like I can cast in my old molds in the 40 lb pot. Can you tell I'm a happy customer?

Boolit Master
    The Ballisti-cast Mark X machines are still being made by Northern Valley Machine.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123