Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxPBcastco
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Powder loads for 303

Boolit Mold
    I livein Sault Ste Marie Onrario just across the river from north tip of Michigan.

Powder loads for 303

I have loaded cast powder coated for my 303 with good results in the sub sonic loads like 6 gn RedDot using lee 185gn cast.
    Now I have a slightly different custom mold that casts 193gr after powder coating. I would like to load some for spring bear and moose in the fall. The only powders I have are RedDot, TiteWad, HS-6 and Unique but I can get what is good as long as it is available in Canada.
    I would like to load some full power loads, any and all help will be appreciated.
    thanks grumpy1

In Remembrance

If your boolit fits both throat and bore/groove, an air-cooled Clip-on wheel weight alloy + 2% tin boolit will retain accuracy to about 2200 fps, possibly a bit more with powder coating. My best high-power .303 British loads use a 200 grain .314 LBT LNFP/GC boolit, between 25 and 30 grains of IMR 4895, and a tuft of dacron. ACWW expands nicely at 1600 fps so there is no real need to push them much faster unless a long range shot is needed. A properly laid-up LongBranch No.4Mk1* rifle should keep them all in a 1 1/2 to 2" group at 100 yards with this load. Much better accuracy and performance than factory loads at less than half the cost! What's not to like?

Boolit Master
    I have been using Hodgdons H4895 and following their reduced load instructions to push a 200 grain 299314 to 1800-2000fps... 32 grains was about where my accuracy fell apart it was IIRC just getting into 1900fps.
    I shoot 200 yards CMP 99% of the time with this rifle so full power is not needed.... FWIW my target load is 18 grains 2400

Boolit Buddy
    G,day
    11gns Unique, 185gn Lee pill. LLA diluted with gum turps, 1” - 1.5” @ 100yds . No.1 MK3,
    Heavy barrel target rifle.Central APP, sights.Works for me.

Cheers Mal in au.